Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Make EQ Look Significantly Better Graphically. (/forums/showthread.php?t=2482)

Dyne 02-01-2010 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanech (Post 16907)
Well, I must say cities with lots of cobblestone etc. look extremely nice with the larger resolution images, but it seems as if something is still missing file-wise, as the grass textures appear to not be changed. I distinctly recall exclaiming to a buddy of mine in tells about the crispness of the new ground textures in butcher when I installed Luclin back in the day (on Live).

It may just be that the larger ground textures weren't made available with the trilogy set, but were present on the Luclin expansion CDs. From what I've read, SoF comes with the newer textures but the Titanium install does not, despite the fact that the initial changes were made a few expansions before the Titanium pack.

I just tested this out for myself, and my ground textures have been completely changed over, grass and all. :)

Vanech 02-01-2010 04:55 PM

Huh, my eyesight must be giving out on me!

Toboggan 02-01-2010 05:23 PM

Seeing as I have both Titanium and SoF, does that mean I can bypass the Trilogy download and just copy the s3d files from a SoF installation for the higher res textures?

Psycher 02-01-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toboggan (Post 17084)
Seeing as I have both Titanium and SoF, does that mean I can bypass the Trilogy download and just copy the s3d files from a SoF installation for the higher res textures?

Your best bet would be to view the file size of a random zone, say Gfay, .s3d file and see whether or not the file size is bigger in SoF compared to Titanium, if the size is the same then you wont see any differences, if bigger its probably the same as the trilogy.

Vonyor 02-02-2010 12:50 AM

I'm torn, I think the upgraded textures are a perfect addition to the game. On the other hand I want to be able to show my screenshots to people and them think "was that really taken back in day"?

Cheech 02-02-2010 05:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonyor (Post 17138)
I'm torn, I think the upgraded textures are a perfect addition to the game. On the other hand I want to be able to show my screenshots to people and them think "was that really taken back in day"?

^ This. why would you want this? This is classic eq. Its surposed to look crappy.

HarmoniumGuard 02-02-2010 06:21 AM

I like it. I always thought if Sony ever made an EQ Classic server they could just polish up the graphics a bit, and that's all this really is.

My big question is can any other older models be scavenged from this? Could this fix the female High Elf with missing parts of her head? Or the helmets with visors that have just a colorless gray texture where the eye-hole should be? Or the halflings wearing plate with holes in it?

Soulfighter 02-02-2010 09:27 AM

before/after screenshot as requested

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/scen...2-entrance.jpg

http://soulfighter2.free.fr/EQ000060.jpg

Shads 02-02-2010 09:30 AM

Ok do not try this with a live up to date patched game folder.:eek:

I coppied all the S3d files from live and backed up all the s3d files in my p1999 eq folder and replaced them with the live coppies. Almost every mob in the game is a naked male human... Coyotee's, Scarabs, Mummies, specs, sg's, skellies, bears, wolves, cats, hg's and who know what else. However the Croc/gator graphic was normal :cool:

Scrooge 02-02-2010 09:51 AM

This is NICE! Great find Psycher! Only thing I dont get is, why would the textures from Trilogy be BETTER than textures from Titanium? It's like ass-backwards lol