Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Request for a different policy on (game-changing) specific item camps (/forums/showthread.php?t=33197)

DoucLangur 04-14-2011 03:37 PM

Request for a different policy on (game-changing) specific item camps

I'll try to be brief and give a good example: Droga, Locket camp and Circlet of Shadow camp.

Situation: A guild keeps the camp locked down. People in zone can not get in queue even though they could even solo the camp. Instead, the guild group calls in reinforcements and works shifts on the camp.

Suggested resolution: Make it server-policy that (game changing) item camps have to establish a queue system. If someone is in zone that wants in line, the group/person camping the item can not pass the camp on to anyone else first, guild or not guild.

Reason: People without a guild, or guilds not big (or crazy) enough to keep a camp locked will not get a chance on the camp until whoever has it locked grows tired of it. At the same time, people in that guild do not have to invest any single minute in the zone without actually being in the camp.

I find that highly unfair, disrupting the game atmosphere and worthy of implementing a different policy. Such camp behaviour did not occur on classic (not to this extent for sure) because people did not know all drops so well in advance.

So, to our admins/GMs, please take a moment to think about it.

Best Regards,

Slozem

Splooie 04-14-2011 03:45 PM

Competition makes this game fun imo.

baalzy 04-14-2011 03:47 PM

It's not a competition with the current ruleset. Person A can claim a camp, Person B shows up and wants to take the camp when Person A is done. However, Person A gets tired and instead of handing the camp to Person B he calls in his friend, Person C, who then takes the camp. Person C was able to do whatever the hell they wanted up until taking over the camp, while Person B just gets shit on.

I seriously think the rules in general should be setup so that hand offs of camps should go to whoever was in line the longest afterwards.

ChairmanMauzer 04-14-2011 03:52 PM

Interesting idea but I have no idea how you'd enforce it.

Vendar 04-14-2011 03:57 PM

stop crying and join a guild, or wait til they leave/wipe/fall sleep

it takes mucho dedication to lock down a camp 24/7 . sorry that you can just have everything you want exactly when u want it. go cry somewhere else.

part of the reason you join a guild is to get access to mobs/items that you wouldnt be able to access on your own. play better ;)

and also, i doubt anyone is just showing up getting the item and leaving. that would only piss off everyone else thats been putting in time to lock down the camp. your just mad i think

Massive Marc 04-14-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendar (Post 265085)

it takes mucho dedication to lock down a camp 24/7 . sorry that you can just have everything you want exactly when u want it. go cry somewhere else.

part of the reason you join a guild is to get access to mobs/items that you wouldnt be able to access on your own. play better ;)

and also, i doubt anyone is just showing up getting the item and leaving. that would only piss off everyone else thats been putting in time to lock down the camp. your just mad i think

Joining a guild wouldn't help this situation.

Vendar 04-14-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Massive Marc (Post 265093)
Joining a guild wouldn't help this situation.

join one of the guilds poopsocking the camp.

better?

maegi 04-14-2011 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendar (Post 265085)

That's a big load of bullshit and it's a stupid statement and calling waiting competition like another poster above you did is just as stupid. It doesn't take skill to wait and it's not fun either. Join a guild? Really? Really dude? My wife and I held the ancient croc for 47 hours a few months back , not to be dicks but to get 2 lousy sets of gatorscale leggings. Point being that we're only 2 people. People waiting in line for the camp were not less skilled and didn't enjoy the competition. It's pointless, like your post was.

Chrushev 04-14-2011 04:17 PM

If I get to the camp, and there is a queue, im taking the camp when its my turn... a person cant come after me and claim the camp no matter who's friend they are..

eqravenprince 04-14-2011 04:22 PM

The fix is in the game itself, named mob which has itemx should spawn in other locations so there isn't really a way to lock him down unless you lock down the entire zone. I always thought Naggy or Vox should spawn in other zones.