Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   @Sirken/Other Staff: Can you see how many times a character has died? (/forums/showthread.php?t=281488)

Sillyturtle 09-20-2017 03:21 AM

@Sirken/Other Staff: Can you see how many times a character has died?

Was toying with the idea of whether it'd be possible to get a solo character who only used gear they looted themselves to 60 without dying. It was a fun thought project. But I wondered if it'd be possible to prove this without video evidence of the entire journey.

I know you guys have logs for days on all sorts of things. Are the deaths of each character recorded - or at least counted?

Swish 09-20-2017 03:44 AM

I vote we prove to see if this is possible by opening up the discord server <3

fadetree 09-20-2017 08:03 AM

Of course they can, if they wanted to.

Cecily 09-20-2017 08:24 AM

There's some things I'd rather not know. Flash backs to quad kiting on wifi...

Baler 09-20-2017 08:26 AM

/deaths

Another +1 for Discord server. Hype for that leader board on the website, ultimate bragging rights.

Brut 09-20-2017 08:45 AM

Would be more interested in who's died the most, rather than who the least.
Or what NPC has the highest player kill count. Player killing NPCs is most likely some dok ae wizard.

Lhancelot 09-20-2017 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brut (Post 2583486)
Or what NPC has the highest player kill count. Player killing NPCs is most likely some dok ae wizard.

I think Sgt. Slate would have a decent kill list. Rinna Lightshadow in EC also, and griffon that wanders between the orc1 and orc2.

Aadill 09-20-2017 09:05 AM

I am fairly certain that if you were to attack a mob that rampages/flurries that the number portion of "Aadill'scorpse_0719" is an indicator of the number of deaths? Happens when you get one-rounded.

branamil 09-20-2017 09:06 AM

Every corpse you've ever made has a number. You can test next time you see a corpse, target it and type /tt . So the game must know immediately when you die which number to assign to your corpse. Therefore I would assume corpse # is part of your charinfo, along with your stats, bind point, religion etc. so they can definitely get this if they wanted the chore of it.

Brut 09-20-2017 10:57 AM

Would think Trakanon has highest player kill count? High level roaming newbie area mobs prob net couple dozen kills a day at best, while Trak was contested soon as he popped for years in endless Kunark era, and if he didn't wipe hundreds worth a raid force he usually killed some dozen at least with the dot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by branamil (Post 2583492)
Every corpse you've ever made has a number. You can test next time you see a corpse, target it and type /tt . So the game must know immediately when you die which number to assign to your corpse. Therefore I would assume corpse # is part of your charinfo, along with your stats, bind point, religion etc. so they can definitely get this if they wanted the chore of it.

Made corpse, /tt does nothin but make fun of me for talking to self. Em feels like elf tricked me.