Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Bugs (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Game Mechanics: non-humanoids wielding weapons/quadding (/forums/showthread.php?t=86847)

Nizzarr 10-22-2012 10:41 PM

non-humanoids wielding weapons/quadding

Non-humanoids shouldnt be able to quad, that includes dragons in veeshans peak!

You shouldnt be able to give two weapons to X random non-humanoid mob and have it quad.

Is this fixable? VP dragons certainly shouldnt be able to wield the weapons they have on their loot tables, ala vox and nagafen.

Ele 10-22-2012 11:28 PM

Run into the duel-wielding ranger-rapier, grey suede boots wearing Hoshkar?

BigSlip 10-23-2012 03:44 AM

GL in vp losers

ur gonna need it cause nobody gives a shit about a dragon using two swords.

cant kill em like they are, like tmo did? then maybe you noobs should stay out of vp!

Nirgon 10-23-2012 12:49 PM

No I posted under another bug report showing a kill on live during this era where Hoshkar dropped 2 weapons and correctly was CLAWING not slashing or using the weapons.

I first noticed this when I was sonic bats on red dual wielding and proccing mage swords. Correction... it when I saw shaman pets doing it.

Nizzarr 10-23-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSlip (Post 752438)
GL in vp losers

ur gonna need it cause nobody gives a shit about a dragon using two swords.

cant kill em like they are, like tmo did? then maybe you noobs should stay out of vp!

^^ has all the symptoms of a regular dirtnapper. Do not become like him, avoid the dirt naps.

sorry I cant have 84 people on a single raid for vp dragons. cant do it like tmo!

Nirgon 10-23-2012 03:00 PM

People need a beat down for trolling bugs.

This is a bug with a very large impact imo.

Dullah 10-24-2012 01:41 PM

Bump. If it doesn't have hands, it shouldn't dual wield.

Nirgon 10-24-2012 01:53 PM

Drachnids in DL have hands and I don't recall them dual wielding, same with spectres (on of my favorite NPCs Iknowrite). I don't remember Drolvargs being able to dual wield either.

"Has hands" is a good measure, but not the rule.

Then again, charm was MUCH LESS prevalent in live Kunark for grouping. It lasts way too long, way too reliably here on mobs of respectable level compared to the caster. Case and point (and in terms of resists) the plane of fear mobs getting charmed very reliably even before Kunark without oodles of CHA gear. This cannot be denied by someone of that era with a sound memory/understanding of charm mechanics.

That said, if this isn't fixed? Some of the TOV dragons are going to be a fucking nightmare..

As far as NPCs carrying a haste item? I do remember the frenzied ghoul being significantly harder when he had the sash. A good way to realize this is how mage muzzles effect pets as well.

Ferok 10-24-2012 02:17 PM

When does this change? Virtually every dragon in Velious quads.

Nirgon 10-24-2012 02:21 PM

I think it is fixed for shaman pets so ... I mean it shouldn't be too big a change? Don't have access tho to see if there's any difference :).