Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   EQ Lite Client Guide [Auto-Script or Manually] (/forums/showthread.php?t=7186)

Xumosa 05-10-2010 04:05 PM

awesome! well done tyvm :) this will be very helpful~

km2783 05-10-2010 05:13 PM

Thanks for the effort, definitely going to do this for my GF's install, she has precious little hard drive space left :D

ciggwin 05-12-2010 01:38 PM

Just FYI if you have EQ on a separate drive (for me it is drive D) you may have to move the batch file INTO your EQ directory, also while modifying the script, for it to work.

After this step, the script worked perfectly, thanks!

:)

guineapig 05-12-2010 04:33 PM

Look forward to trying this out! Thanks for all the hard work!

basfa 05-13-2010 09:34 AM

tried this last night and worked a charm. similar to ciggwin's comments, my EQ was on the D: drive so i changed all references d:\eqlite and d:\myeqdir and then ran the batch file from the command prompt, making sure i changed the drive from c: to d:.

actually you could probably add a line to the batch file to do this for you, but anyway it worked brilliantly and i know have an eq installation on my 2gb memory stick which works great :)

FatMagic 05-13-2010 11:11 AM

Thanks all for the comments - glad it's all working well for you.

The 1.35GB size is definitely not definitive, and can be whittled down even more... but you then begin to lose some of the base install functionalities which some may or may not want to lose (i.e. maps, sounds, environment effects such as rain, clouds, water). The one version I have, I removed all the Kunark & Velious zones (to add later when those expansions are added) - and I got my install down to 700MB. I know that Secrets got his down to something ridiculous like 300-350mb, but with some SERIOUS loss of normal gameplay (no sound for one, and I think loss of certain spell effects)

Quote:

Originally Posted by basfa (Post 59771)
actually you could probably add a line to the batch file to do this for you, but anyway it worked brilliantly and i know have an eq installation on my 2gb memory stick which works great :)

I was thinking about making another version that would allow you to change the drive through a user-entered variable at the beginning of the script. That would then fix the need to worry about having to do a search-replace on the script. I may still do this if it's needed.

Malrubius 05-23-2010 03:02 PM

So one thing I have found missing here - or I think it is missing. The boat models.

I notice it because instead of boats, there is a human male model that goes by once in awhile at the docks called "Golden Maiden" or whatever (lol).

Anybody know what file the boat models are in (Secrets?).

girth 05-23-2010 03:24 PM

Does this remove zone files? I already had issues with the first Capture the Flag GM event because the thread on upgrading your textures has you remove all the .s3d's - one of which was PoTimeA - the zone where the CTF happened. It did not let me zone. So much sure you remember this if you ever get stuck in a similar situation.

Branaddar 05-23-2010 04:11 PM

Um... wow. I opened the download with 7zip, clicked and dragged the BAT file into my Games folder in any empty space. 7zip chugged away for a long time so I was like "wtf"

Checked my Games folder and it's been pretty much emptied. About 40gb worth of games just gone.

No idea what the hell happened. I just scanned through the batch file after extracting it this time, and there's nothing in it anywhere about deleting so... I'm mildly confused.

Awesome stuff. *sigh*

Kainzo 05-29-2010 11:11 PM

Can we edit this to keep POTime files?