Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Okay I get it, necros are evil. (/forums/showthread.php?t=31046)

oceanrise 03-30-2011 06:45 PM

Okay I get it, necros are evil.

Alright, I respect that you want to emulate original everquest as much as possible, but do you really have to leave in some of the generally annoying parts? Like multiple NPCs that one shot low level necros in Qeynos? It would be nice to make it to the GM without being killed by an NPC 9999 times.

On a related note, wouldn't guards want to kill said NPC for disturbing the peace multiple times.

Gorgetrapper 03-30-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanrise (Post 250072)
Alright, I respect that you want to emulate original everquest as much as possible, but do you really have to leave in some of the generally annoying parts? Like multiple NPCs that one shot low level necros in Qeynos? It would be nice to make it to the GM without being killed by an NPC 9999 times.

On a related note, wouldn't guards want to kill said NPC for disturbing the peace multiple times.

Well it works both ways. You can be a good character, and still have trouble going around qeynos with Lieutenant Daggarok running around (after doing a lot of gnoll teeth turn ins anyway).

baalzy 03-30-2011 06:55 PM

Have fun with the hill giants in WC, the griffons in EC, the sand giants in Oasis, ect....

Oh, welcome to EverQuest.

oceanrise 03-30-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baalzy (Post 250084)
Have fun with the hill giants in WC, the griffons in EC, the sand giants in Oasis, ect....

Oh, welcome to EverQuest.

All of which are pretty avoidable. There are two NPCs which are KOS on the way to the necro GM. All of which have a stunning ability to detect me through a wall. This isn't a good, or remotely realistic feature of the game. Please stop fetishizing old EQ. There were some flaws with it, this I believe to be one of them.

baalzy 03-30-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanrise (Post 250124)
All of which are pretty avoidable. There are two NPCs which are KOS on the way to the necro GM. All of which have a stunning ability to detect me through a wall. This isn't a good, or remotely realistic feature of the game. Please stop fetishizing old EQ. There were some flaws with it, this I believe to be one of them.

While I'd agree that there are annoyances which no one would miss if they disappeared. That's not the point of this server. Now that those two mobs have killed you, you should know where they are and how to avoid them. Also, as a Necro you'll get gather shadows soon enough and will spend all your time within cities invis 'just in case' so you don't get agro'd.

Now if you believe that it is an error that they're agroing you through the walls and shouldn't be, create a bug in the bug forum about it.

bman8810 03-30-2011 08:03 PM

These are the types of things that make classic EQ... classic.

oceanrise 03-30-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baalzy (Post 250165)
While I'd agree that there are annoyances which no one would miss if they disappeared. That's not the point of this server. Now that those two mobs have killed you, you should know where they are and how to avoid them. Also, as a Necro you'll get gather shadows soon enough and will spend all your time within cities invis 'just in case' so you don't get agro'd.

Now if you believe that it is an error that they're agroing you through the walls and shouldn't be, create a bug in the bug forum about it.

If we all agree that the game would be better off without them, then why not get rid of it. If you're aiming for the old EQ experience why not keep the bugged boats in?

nilbog 03-30-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanrise (Post 250124)
Please stop fetishizing old EQ.

:confused:

john_savage1982 03-30-2011 08:09 PM

I like classic EQ because it's more realistic then modern MMORPGs in that a fantasy world is frigging dangerous. You have necromancers conjuring skeletons and ogres raping high elves. It's DANGEROUS shit man. You're not in a happy hello kitty world when you enter Norrath. No. Around every corner here there is a KoS mob that wants to rape you and eat you for breakfast. That's why this game is so wonderful. You are forced to learn and adapt to everything - inconveniences and all. I love it.

naez 03-30-2011 08:12 PM

classic eq sucked anyways pop best xpac