Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Oh geez I forgot how hard EQ was! (/forums/showthread.php?t=136676)

Azelle 01-24-2014 08:49 AM

Oh geez I forgot how hard EQ was!

... and totally love it!

New player here obviously. I was once more being all nostalgic about old EQ with some friends and complaining how much the game was dumb down over the years. One of them asked me if I heard about Project 1999. Of course I googled and here I am!

First thing I did was to remake my old Teir'dal necromancer and I even was able to get my old name! Double happy girl! I think I died 3 times at level one and many other times reaching level 5 ROFL. I forgot how hard Nektulos was with all the aggro from both social mobs and aggressive ones. Plus the skelly eating my exp!

But then I managed to get a full armor set of cloth and a cracked staff and a few players helped me out with backpacks, stuff to vendor for coins for my spells, buffs and even a very good chestpiece (thank you so much guys)! I was not asking or expecting any help and was pleasantly surprised at how nice people were in P99! Now my son wants to play also (we are waiting for an ip immunity).

I'm relearning to play intelligently, pulling to safe areas, being aware of wanderers etc. absolutely love it!

Swish 01-24-2014 09:02 AM

Those decaying skellies with a cracked staff are always a welcome sight! :)

Glad you're enjoying it... always loved Nektulos, be sure to check out the undead spire/monolith thing near the EC zoneline (just to the left, in a corner) when you get to level 7ish, they're great to kill and single pull :)

myxomatosii 01-24-2014 09:27 AM

Seems like I'm typing welcome messages a lot this week.

Oh well, its a welcome site. Welcome :cool:

Lyzard 01-24-2014 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azelle (Post 1289542)
... and totally love it!

New player here obviously. I was once more being all nostalgic about old EQ with some friends and complaining how much the game was dumb down over the years. One of them asked me if I heard about Project 1999. Of course I googled and here I am!

First thing I did was to remake my old Teir'dal necromancer and I even was able to get my old name! Double happy girl! I think I died 3 times at level one and many other times reaching level 5 ROFL. I forgot how hard Nektulos was with all the aggro from both social mobs and aggressive ones. Plus the skelly eating my exp!

But then I managed to get a full armor set of cloth and a cracked staff and a few players helped me out with backpacks, stuff to vendor for coins for my spells, buffs and even a very good chestpiece (thank you so much guys)! I was not asking or expecting any help and was pleasantly surprised at how nice people were in P99! Now my son wants to play also (we are waiting for an ip immunity).

I'm relearning to play intelligently, pulling to safe areas, being aware of wanderers etc. absolutely love it!

Im guessing you were the new necro I gave the GSD to yesterday?! Glad your enjoying the server, remember if you need any help with anything shoot me a tell. :D

Azelle 01-24-2014 09:46 AM

Yes Exiral that's me! Will put you on friend list. Thanks for the welcome everyone.

webrunner5 01-24-2014 10:02 AM

Welcome aboard. You picked a really good class on here. Great for getting loot high end. And they really don't need much gear to do it either. Nice to see another women join also. Glad that P1999 appeals to both sexes. :D

xarilzir 01-24-2014 10:19 AM

Necros are great to get going on. Make good mains imo. Welcome. Game is hard mode ish but makes it fun.

Skittlez 01-24-2014 05:54 PM

Wait... You're a girl????

*drools*

Nikon 01-24-2014 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by myxomatosii (Post 1289579)
Seems like I'm typing welcome messages a lot this week.

Those are posts worth making!

Tiax 01-24-2014 07:27 PM

swish change your gif