Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Can We Please Not Have Broadcasts About Red 99 On The Blue Server? (/forums/showthread.php?t=149062)

Ingrum 04-29-2014 06:17 PM

Can We Please Not Have Broadcasts About Red 99 On The Blue Server?

It's one thing to have Red 99ers harassing every thread on the Server Chat, it's another to push Red 99 down our throats ON the server itself.

I don't remember ever seeing advertisements for Rallos Zek, or whatever the PvP server was back in the day. I'm also sure that others can agree that Red 99 was not part of our classic EverQuest experience.

Can this please stop? At least in-game.

TLDR: Please stop spamming broadcast with Red 99 advertisements. The race event was enough but the other spiel took over my whole chat window and seriously, it's a bit frightening to see an abuse of powers like that.

Kimm Bare|y 04-29-2014 06:24 PM

U mad?

Tasslehofp99 04-29-2014 06:26 PM

I don't think this will honestly help the red server population, either.

Guess they've got to try.

Ingrum 04-29-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimm Bare|y (Post 1433603)
U mad?

This is Server Chat and therefore for more serious discussion. Do you not agree with my request and think it unfair to ask from us blue players? If not, why?

Tann 04-29-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ingrum (Post 1433594)
It's one thing to have Red 99ers harassing every thread on the Server Chat, it's another to push Red 99 down our throats ON the server itself.

I don't remember ever seeing advertisements for Rallos Zek, or whatever the PvP server was back in the day. I'm also sure that others can agree that Red 99 was not part of our classic EverQuest experience.

Can this please stop? At least in-game.

TLDR: Please stop spamming broadcast with Red 99 advertisements. The race event was enough but the other spiel took over my whole chat window and seriously, it's a bit frightening to see an abuse of powers like that.

http://www.gifday.com/wp-content/upl...lin_farrel.gif

Tzeriel 04-29-2014 06:29 PM

He has a point. I doubt there are advertisements for blue on red. It's starting to get to be a little suspicious and more than a little overbearing and obnoxious to be slapped with red advertisements every day. The sociopaths made their server have a low population. Let them live with it.

http://gif-central.blogspot.com/2013...-kids.html?m=1

This is basically what it has become.

Ingrum 04-29-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 (Post 1433607)
I don't think this will honestly help the red server population, either.

Guess they've got to try.

Let them I say! They already do it plenty on the forums.

The event broadcast was not a problem because it was short and sweet and you saw plenty of those back in classic. I just do not think that the broadcast channel in-game on the blue server is the right time for a very lengthy commercial for the PvP server like what we saw tonight.

no chewie dont 04-29-2014 06:38 PM

u agreed to broadcasts when u accepted the EULA

Juevento 04-29-2014 06:41 PM

Maybe you should ask for your money back?

I dunno, it got my attention and I've been on red for the past few days and having a pretty good time with it. Got a Druid up to lvl 15 without too much issue. Fought a few folks and generally had a good time. There is a pretty good influx of new people on red now that makes it fun.

Kudos to the staff! Keep it up.

Ingrum 04-29-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no chewie dont (Post 1433623)
u agreed to broadcasts when u accepted the EULA

I understand that we do not pay for this game and if I could pay 5 dollars a month to opt out of Red 99 spam I surely would.

However, I have not seen any evidence to suggest during any part of our precious classic EverQuest era there was ever a broadcast on the PvE servers giving a lengthy advertisement about how the PvP servers have improved and that we should give it a try, or another try!

Have you?

Once again, there is nothing wrong with using the broadcast system for events. That was well known to happen back in the classic EverQuest days. However, advertisements for PvE players to give the PvP server another try were not well known to happen.