Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Question about a few missing features on P99 (/forums/showthread.php?t=139002)

Menaan 02-10-2014 01:46 PM

Question about a few missing features on P99

Ok, so based on what I've seen from the forum community in my week of being on this server, I'm sure I'm going to get some flames for this. But I'm asking anyway for those that will actually respond constructively.

I notice some features missing from P99, and while I'm pretty sure that some of them were not around during the time era of Kunark / Velious, there are some features that just make sense, are useful, and do not really effect gameplay or the feel of the play that much.

First one, /corpsedrag. The command is there but it does not work. In some cases it performs a single corpse summon to you, but in others I've seen it not do anything. The only thing this does is prevent you from having to spam click a /corpse button. I don't really contribute spamming /corpse iconic to classic play, and I've been the primary CR for my groups / guilds since late in 99. Not to mention the corpse summoning on this server is just buggy and weird. The range of it is way shorter than I remember it being on live, and it feels just really laggy. Sometimes the corpse doesn't summon at all, sometimes it doesn't summon all the way to my feet, it's just weird. It makes me have to spam /corpse even more than I used to have to back in 99. So, why can't we implement /corpsedrag?

Second, multiple hotbar windows. I don't remember when this was added in live, but this is something else I really don't feel would detract from classic gameplay. Maybe they were added in Luclin when the new UI was originally implemented, but I can't think of any reason not to use them now. It merely prevents us from having to use the mouse or rotate hotbar windows as much.

Third, Auto consent options. They seem to do nothing on this server. I really don't see why these would not be implemented. These are again just a convenience so that you don't have to type /consent whomever and I really don't see where they detract from classic gameplay.

Fourth, mouse button binds. This one may be a titanium client limitation, I'm not sure. But for as long as I can remember I've had autorun bound to my mouse button 4. I cannot however make bindings to my mouse buttons on P99.

I'm sure there are more that I can't think of atm, these are just the ones I've noticed in the past week of playing on the server.

Calibix 02-10-2014 01:48 PM

I agree with corpse drag and auto consent. Don't see the difference.

You can get multiple hotbars by changing your UI. Check the tech forum.

Mouse binds don't bother me. I just bind the mouse button to some odd key like insert, then bind that in game.

khanable 02-10-2014 02:04 PM

what

spamming a corpse hotkey to drag some assholes corpse through a dungeon is about as classic as it gets

stop smoking drugs

Swish 02-10-2014 02:18 PM

Memory is a funny thing, I don't remember auto consent during Kunark and was using /corpse for my whole EQ career up to GoD :/

Dweed 02-10-2014 02:39 PM

If I'm not mistaken, in Velious some mobs will aggro you for dragging a corpse too close to them? This would be a good reason to maintain the old /corpse

jarshale 02-10-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menaan (Post 1315216)
I don't really contribute spamming /corpse iconic to classic play, and I've been the primary CR for my groups / guilds since late in 99.

Maybe your memory is just bad. /corpse is classic as fuck.

drktmplr12 02-10-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarshale (Post 1315429)

Agno 02-10-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarshale (Post 1315429)

He didn't say it wasn't a part of classic, he said it wasn't an ICONIC part of the classic experience - it doesn't make the experience feel any different.

Learn to read / comprehend?

rollin5k 02-10-2014 04:11 PM

None of this was classic. Conclusion : its not "missing"

Nirgon 02-10-2014 04:14 PM

Well, /consent to fully loot corpse isn't here. So he's close.

Which is sad.

But probably isn't for a glaring CSR reason.

Not like people can be accountable for what's in trade windows let alone typing a command that lets another player FULLY LOOT THEM.