Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Vulak Axe vs. Tunare Sword (/forums/showthread.php?t=430805)

Dundrige 04-30-2024 09:57 AM

Vulak Axe vs. Tunare Sword

Vulak Axe:
-Double the AC
-Melee Stats
-Universally useful, non-resistable lifetap proc

Tunare Sword:
-Slightly better DPS
-Much more mana
-More MR
-Better Fashion
-More situationally-niche, sometimes annoying proc (root)
-Usually goes for less DKP

Which one would you go for?

Toxigen 04-30-2024 10:27 AM

vulak all day

DeathsSilkyMist 04-30-2024 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toxigen (Post 3682952)
vulak all day

Agreed. Vulaxe is the better item.

Main benefit to Tuna Sword is it's easier to get than Vulaxe. If you don't think you'll be able to get Vulak loot anytime soon (perhaps your guild doesn't compete for Vulak often or at all), then go for the Tuna Sword.

Ripqozko 04-30-2024 11:56 AM

having tuna sword on SK gives you root accecss, its worth getting for that, plus more mana

sajbert 05-01-2024 04:56 AM

Technically you could always use a Herbalist's Spade if you need root. Root can also be detrimental at times, even more so for an SK.

So Vulak Axe is best, if you are blind or don't care about fashion.

Jimjam 05-01-2024 07:17 AM

Tunare Sword looks good for supertwink alt that you plan on unnecessarily taking to pick up group spots.

Since sleeper is basically designed to be unkillable, Vulak axe comes from what is arguably the boss of the expansion, where as Tunare is more of a (admittedly powerful) background character who canonically can’t be properly killed - just her avatar dissipated.

I’d say narratively the Vulak axe has better providence.

Ennewi 05-01-2024 10:33 AM

If push aggro ever makes a return in some capacity, tunare sword will be even more problematic. A better proc to compete with the vulak axe lifetap would've been thorns, basically making it a beefier ranger sky sword.

Ripqozko 05-02-2024 04:48 PM

Y'all underrate tuna sword badly, works for me I'll take another for my other knight .

DeathsSilkyMist 05-02-2024 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ripqozko (Post 3683165)
Y'all underrate tuna sword badly, works for me I'll take another for my other knight .

The issue is simply that root does not mix well with fear, when talking about SK's specifically. Face tanking a mob is going to be less efficient from a recovery standpoint while soloing, even with the faster kill speed of Tuna Sword.

Obviously in scenarios where you are face tanking and root doesn't matter or is a benefit, Tuna Sword works great.

Solist 05-02-2024 09:53 PM

Who the hell gives a care about fear kiting?

Is this dreadlands in 2000 you still obscurely live in amazed by some dude soloing like that?

Auto attack on.
Alt tab.
After YouTube finished or what have you, alt tab back.
Target next mob. Repeat.

The push spell cast interrupt changes made tunare sword amazing. Before that the 2hs and fist were absolute garbage items to have on. Now they’re BIS. In regards to comparing it to vulak axe. Vulak better. Hardly. Irrelevant comparison as both are so good.