Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   EQ Lite Client Guide [Auto-Script or Manually] (/forums/showthread.php?t=7186)

FatMagic 08-15-2010 02:27 PM

Zola,

Seriously? Awesome! I will remove these files in my EQLite client and update it - thanks for finding more useless files!!

FatMagic 08-15-2010 02:28 PM

Question for those using EQLite:

Is anyone having problems with EQLite & the new Velious UI changes? Let me know if I removed anything I'm not supposed to for the client.

mgns 08-17-2010 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zola (Post 113662)
I've found some extra files that you included which shouldn't be there:

everquest.exe
testeverquest.exe
installerconfig.exe
lpatch.exe
eqp_config.xml
eqp_strings.xml
arena.zon
Nektulos.zon
ykesha.txt

The Everquest.exe is actually harmful cause if you accidentally click it, it can start up the patcher, which corrupts our EqLite folder immediately, so the file should not be there (it does nothing except that.)

- Zola

Just an FYI. Deleting the files in this list causes some pretty wacky strings in a few places, like the OptionsEditor.exe and when quitting the game just to name a few.

My money is on the eqp_strings.xml (and possibly eqp_config.xml). Gameplay (or strings within the game) are not affected. I'll be restoring those 2 files later tonight when I get home to see if it resolves the problem.

Zola 08-17-2010 07:58 PM

you can also delete spells_en.txt

that file isnt used anymore. we're using spells_us.txt instead

Zola 08-17-2010 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgns (Post 118377)
Just an FYI. Deleting the files in this list causes some pretty wacky strings

Deleting those files have no effect. The eqp_strings is for the Everquest Patcher launcher. We're NOT using that. We're completely bypassing it and executing eqgame directly.

EQP = EQPatch

The problems you're experiencing with OptionsEditor are caused by something else.

Torin_Stormchaser 08-24-2010 07:22 PM

This is awesome. Works perfectly. Only thing I would change is designating the USB Drive a full time drive letter.

If you know how, awesome. If not a quick reference is open the command prompt and type compmgmt.msc
Open Disk Managment
Right-click on your drive and select Change Drive Letter.
I changed my 2gb usb to the Q:\ drive.
works great no matter which port I plug into.

Sirelk 08-27-2010 12:41 AM

Could someone take the eqlite zip (after running it and creating the 1.35gb zip) and torrent it? Or split it up into 3 or 4 chunks and host it on megaupload (or similar)?

That would be helpful to myself as well as others who want to get the game without having to download a 4 gig client.

Torin_Stormchaser 08-29-2010 05:39 AM

license.txt is the EULA, I'm not sure if it can be removed, but License_english.txt can be removed without any harm to the gameplay.
and I removed loghelp.txt from my install because it is technical support and billing issues. it hasn't given me any problems removing that

FatMagic 08-31-2010 11:32 AM

Thanks again Zola - I've removed all the files you mentioned. The EQLite client is now a little bit smaller :)

DevGrousis 09-23-2010 03:15 PM

what exactly is this? and how do you do it?