Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rules for spawned epic mobs (/forums/showthread.php?t=60724)

ElanoraBryght 01-12-2012 10:51 AM

Rules for spawned epic mobs

Is it against server rules to charm / mez / memblur epic mobs, and loot epic mobs that you didn't kill / did not have permission to loot?

Many clerics are eager to know.

Skekekke 01-12-2012 10:57 AM

Cause it's an epic mob, it isn't classified as ninja looting or KS'ing.

Nice troll.

Cyrano 01-12-2012 10:59 AM

Only took 1 post the RnFers to derail this thread.

IMO just don't be dickholes. If someone was there first wait your turn in line.

ElanoraBryght 01-12-2012 11:22 AM

This was a serious question. Please link to server rules saying that epic mobs have a ninja loot / ks exception.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skekekke (Post 519817)
Cause it's an epic mob, it isn't classified as ninja looting or KS'ing.

Nice troll.

Skekekke 01-12-2012 11:29 AM

Sorry, didn't take it as a serious question. What I posted was an extremely sarcastic remark.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14667

All mobs should be treated the same, regardless of it's rarity, significance, etc. If it isn't engaged, then go for it.

Shouldn't we all live by the golden rule?

maverixdamighty 01-12-2012 11:36 AM

I would think it would be very much against the rules to do that to a mob that someone else did the turn in for. Not only are you ks'ing, but you are causing the person who spawned the mob to have to redo all that work. Just my opinion.

FTE in that case would be first to do the turn in = their mob.

Skekekke 01-12-2012 11:37 AM

There's a rule somewhere about triggered mobs...

Rais 01-12-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Q: What rules pertain to raid mobs that are triggered spawns?
A: If a raid mob is triggered to spawn by killing a single mob before it (Example: Statue -> Idol -> Avatar of War), the guild that spawned the mob has 20 minutes to engage it. The mob is open to any other guild on a first to engage basis once the first guild has either wiped or not engaged within the time limit.

Q: What about raid mobs that are spawned by a combination of other mobs?
A: In the case of a raid mob that is spawned by clearing an area (Example: Azarack Island in Plane of Sky), the guild that did the clearing has the same consideration as above; That is, 20 Minutes to engage and 1 attempt. In the case of multiple guilds contributing significantly to the spawn of the mob, the mob is first to engage by any of those guilds.
It falls into this line I would hope.

Fazlazen 01-12-2012 11:40 AM

Dont fuck with another guild's spawned epic mob... This rule doesnt even go far enough imo.

Tiggles 01-12-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fazlazen (Post 519884)
Dont fuck with another guild's spawned epic mob... This rule doesnt even go far enough imo.