Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Have you had your wisdom teeth pulled? (/forums/showthread.php?t=113694)

Shannacore 07-01-2013 11:31 AM

Have you had your wisdom teeth pulled?

Was it awful? How sedated were you? Was recovery a pain in the ass?

I'm pretty nervous about it (happening on Wednesday) mostly because they have to knock me all of the way out. WHAT IF I DON'T WAKE UP? WHAT IF I'M STILL CONSCIOUS DURING THE SURGERY?

I don't think recovery is going to be very fun. I was prescribed percocet a few weeks ago when they were starting to create a really painful infection in my mouth and I did not react well to it. I got barfy and was overall just out of it, ended up just switching to some strong ibuprofen, which didn't really get rid of all of the pain. I'm worried about having the same reaction to any other kind of pain medication.

Anyway, look out for a shanna_after_the_dentist.avi.

aaaaaaahhhh.

Raavak 07-01-2013 11:46 AM

It can be okay if you don't get dry socket. I bled/drooled blood all over my pillow the night after, too, which was gross, but not the end of the world.

Tons of people get them pulled every day and I've never heard of anyone dieing. So don't freak out.

Nocte 07-01-2013 11:48 AM

Yes. I wasn't sedated at all, they just numbed the area with... whatever that shit is. Recovery wasn't terrible. I had big wisdom teeth that had grown into my skull and jaw, so they kind of head to break them off a little. I had pretty bad bruising, but the only painful part was the first day. I had percoset, but I think they prescribed too much, because I was a drooling idiot (note: more than usual) until it wore off and I never took any more.

Agatha 07-01-2013 11:49 AM

better more pain meds then not enough, i wont get dental work without the goods.

Thulack 07-01-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocte (Post 1014017)
Yes. I wasn't sedated at all, they just numbed the area with... whatever that shit is. Recovery wasn't terrible. I had big wisdom teeth that had grown into my skull and jaw, so they kind of head to break them off a little. I had pretty bad bruising, but the only painful part was the first day. I had percoset, but I think they prescribed too much, because I was a drooling idiot (note: more than usual) until it wore off and I never took any more.

Basically same experience. i had vicodin but only took it that first day. I had to take the train for an hour about 30 mins after i got mine done. felt bad for people that had to see me change my gauze pads at the train station lol. i wouldnt want to be put under just for that. Enough novocaine solves everything.

Ektar 07-01-2013 11:56 AM

numbed my mouth, pulled them out, sewed them up. One of them was a lil painful but I am manly so I did not wince. Was prescribed some drug but did not use or need it. Couldn't eat for a day or so but then it just became about making sure I didn't pull out the stitches. Then they vanished several days later and my mouth was super normal again.

hey girl you nervous gimmie a call ya know I'll comfort you

Ektar 07-01-2013 11:58 AM

ps I had my friend's birthday party 2 days later I drank vodka through a straw

Asap 07-01-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ektar (Post 1014038)
ps I had my friend's birthday party 2 days later I drank vodka through a straw

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gm_W8_BeIc...ike-a-boss.jpg

Shannacore 07-01-2013 12:09 PM

So nobody was totally put under?? fffuuuu----

Will my mouth taste like shit? Like blood and other goopy bodily fluids?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thulack (Post 1014029)
I had to take the train for an hour about 30 mins after i got mine done.

My office requires someone sit in the waiting room during the procedure to ensure I have a ride home. Probably because I'm going to be all fuxed up on anesthetic.

Thulack 07-01-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannacore (Post 1014046)
So nobody was totally put under?? fffuuuu----

Will my mouth taste like shit? Like blood and other goopy bodily fluids?

My office requires someone sit in the waiting room during the procedure to ensure I have a ride home. Probably because I'm going to be all fuxed up on anesthetic.

Yeah i wasnt allowed to drive. My aunt met me at train station and took me to dentist then dropped me off at station afterwords. I was just a drooling mess. was totally coherent the whole time though and yes your mouth will taste like ass. Just make sure you do everything they say you don't want to end up with dry socket.