Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Resolved Issues (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Miscellaneous: Guard assist in PVP (/forums/showthread.php?t=125698)

Smedy 10-22-2013 02:23 PM

Guard assist in PVP

So we have all noticed changes in how guards assist in pvp. It seems to be these changes are not classic, guard never actually assisted the "instagator" of the fight.

Lets say for example, target 1 has ally faction, and target 2 has indiff faction.

Target 1 attacks target 2, on live, the guards would just stand there, until target 2 decided to attack back, then they would assist target 1.

Right now if Target 1 attacks Target 2 guards will instantly assist target 1 resulting in a very shitty environment and the entire game has become a grind for faction.

Guards should only assist if the lower faction character chooses to attack back.

Please fix, i'm certain there wasn't like this on live, at least not on vallon zek.

Andis 10-22-2013 02:28 PM

I got a better idea

this is a pvp server right??

take guard assist out of game, and let the players play.

the end

Smedy 10-22-2013 02:31 PM

Well that would be going back to what once was

Many newbs want guard help, and i do agree that guards assisting gives a new worth to having faction, and that's kinda cool.

But having the guards assist the attacker is lame, it's never been like that.

Something'Witty 10-22-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smedy (Post 1156585)
But having the guards assist the attacker is lame

Agree. Great recipe for griefing.

DeadlyApostle 10-22-2013 05:24 PM

I have never seen a guard assist when I go to attack unless im breaking some1s invis thats kos. Someone is probably dotting or casting and thinking they are safe.

Retti_ 10-22-2013 06:24 PM

Pretty sure if an American guard at the American Embassy saw me start bitch slapping a terrorist infidel he would back me up.

Hard for a nuetral country like Sweden to understand but CLASSIC

Colgate 10-22-2013 06:36 PM

naw this would be like some al qaeda fuck sneaking behind john kerry, giving him $2 over and over for 6 hours and then coming to the american embassy, slapping you, and then you getting beat down by security guards u feel me dawg?

Retti_ 10-22-2013 06:44 PM

Naw u ever see rodnkey king tapes? cops had faction while drunk coke addict had bad faction

Dullah 10-22-2013 10:30 PM

The way you are describing it should work is literally the way it works here.

If guards were helping someone else, it was because they had higher faction than you.

Alecta 10-23-2013 05:36 PM

The faction assist logic (ignoring level, los, distance checks, etc) is basically this:

If (Defenders_Faction >= Attackers_Faction && Defenders_Faction > 'Threateningly')
Guard Starts Hating on the Attacker

Can you provide more details on the scenario where the guard assisted the attacker? What guards, what faction levels, what spells / attacks?