Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Dear "wipe it clean" nerds (/forums/showthread.php?t=205511)

Sirken 08-07-2015 03:51 PM

Dear "wipe it clean" nerds

srs question,

why do you think that a new pvp server would end up any different than the current pvp server after a year?

(this is not in RNF for a reason. if you dont have anything to contribute, don't post here)

<3
Sirks

minakto 08-07-2015 03:51 PM

They're stupid and think this is the same as VZTZ.

Ignore/ban them King Sirken, lord of the Andals.

Malevz 08-07-2015 03:52 PM

Short answer, it wouldnt

SamwiseRed 08-07-2015 03:54 PM

A new FFA server wouldn’t end up any different but the first few months to a year would be fun as hell :) Classic = pvp everywhere. Love it.

A hard-coded 3 faction teams server like Sullon Zek MAAAY have a chance but probably not. When the majority of the player-base is here to raid uncontested dragons instead of pvp, eventually we are going to have the same outcome. One massive winning guild. We are in an age where gamers expect everything to be handed to them with little work. This has been proven time and time again as brand new players app to the winning guild almost before they even create a character. Sirken, the one thing we need for this or any pvp server to be successful are players who want to actually PvP. Halp!

Source - Server History

HippoNipple 08-07-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirken (Post 2000805)
srs question,

why do you think that a new pvp server would end up any different than the current pvp server after a year?

(this is not in RNF for a reason. if you dont have anything to contribute, don't post here)

<3
Sirks

People love classic zones and PvP on a fresh server. After a few years the servers need a reset to make it interesting.

The debate has been going on for years on this server now and the solution I like the best is a new server that eventually merges into the current red99 server. This way there is always a fresh server opening every 2 years without there being an actual wipe.

Classic - 1 year
Kunark - 1 year
Merge with red99 Velious

Start 2nd server over again.

DRAGONBAIT 08-07-2015 03:55 PM

i think the wipe it clean peeps are mostly trolls, and im not trolling here : ) ( i use it to troll when people says this is not laike classic was ) anyway a fresh start its always nice from a newcomer perspective so i find it normal if people ask for wipes. we already know it wont happen dont we?

Fame 08-07-2015 03:55 PM

probably

1.)the absence of years of time farming helping to curb the edge of starting from scratch

2.) the excitement that always comes with a new MMO server

3.) mana stones

HippoNipple 08-07-2015 03:57 PM

I also think this would be a great way to bring new players to project 1999 since the Everquest community would hear about it. Every 2 years you probably attract some new people excited about the fresh start that may stick around.

Kaahbal 08-07-2015 03:58 PM

Im just a casual player, but ive followed this community and these forums since red's release.

In my opinion most of the members of the zerg dont even like eachother, and only stick together for the sake of the pixelflow. a fresh start would give these people a chance to break apart, and a few of them would learn an important lesson about RMT when they see that pixels can go away.

Alot of the people that could acctually do anything creative when it comes to guild management and a healthy level of competition are just to tired of trying by now i guess.

Red99 is currently in a stalemate, and acts mostly like the "Legends Server" on LIVE where people would transfer to server and all raid together for pixels to later come back to their server and whip phats in the face of people leveling up.

Generally i dont support wipes, and i dont consider myself active enough to have a say on the matter, but this server is never gonna be what it had potential to be, unless shit starts over.

bottom line, people are really bad at enjoying eachothers competition, at the end of the day we are all nostalgic nerds enjoying what we consider to be the "greatest mmo of all time". We can do this in a way more mature way than current setup.

Strange 08-07-2015 03:59 PM

i played on VZTZ and got burnt out from the wipes of having to level up all over again and re-camp items..

instead of a wipe,maybe in the future you can do something like lock everyones toons for a certain amount of time and people will play from level 1s with no money or items..

but even this would not help the cry babies from getting owned with no resists from pals in TS with gank squads..