Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   A/A leaving P99 for Agnarr - true or rumor? (/forums/showthread.php?t=271143)

Lhancelot 04-18-2017 11:44 AM

A/A leaving P99 for Agnarr - true or rumor?

Someone told me A/A are considering to leave for Agnarr when it comes out, can anyone from either guild confirm if this is true or just bad rumors?

Gimp 04-18-2017 11:49 AM

I highly doubt it.

Kagey 04-18-2017 12:14 PM

you can play both.. at the same time.

Erati 04-18-2017 12:25 PM

cant wait to sell FBSS for 8 KR while training people camping them

Whirled 04-18-2017 12:26 PM

A conspiracy theorist told me that this thread killed Liberace.

Lhancelot 04-18-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagey (Post 2509028)
you can play both.. at the same time.

Yeah, but the amount of time needed to invest to truly dominate a server, even A/A would struggle holding both servers on lockdown I would think.

I suppose if you guys leave a skeleton crew on P99, you could lock it down fairly easily seeing you don't have much competition but still, would require some effort.

Neetas1320 04-18-2017 12:51 PM

Daybreak really needs to set rules on their servers. There is no gms and players just train each other and disrespect, not my idea of fun

Daldaen 04-18-2017 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neetas1320 (Post 2509044)
Daybreak really needs to set rules on their servers. There is no gms and players just train each other and disrespect, not my idea of fun

This is the exact reason why these servers are awesome.

Having the GM enforcement here that is adamant to be involved and resolute to stop short of a true rotation, is why this server is a clusterfuck.

Why do you want GMs to involve themselves in camp or raid disputes. The game is far more clean if people resolve it themselves rather than going on telling the volunteer hall monitor to solve their dispute for them like a petulant child. Boo hoo some group that has more DPS than yours started to pull from your camp, keep on top of your spawns and that won't happen.

Plus... these raid rules...

kotton05 04-18-2017 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 2509047)
This is the exact reason why these servers are awesome.

Having the GM enforcement here that is adamant to be involved and resolute to stop short of a true rotation, is why this server is a clusterfuck.

Why do you want GMs to involve themselves in camp or raid disputes. The game is far more clean if people resolve it themselves rather than going on telling the volunteer hall monitor to solve their dispute for them like a petulant child. Boo hoo some group that has more DPS than yours started to pull from your camp, keep on top of your spawns and that won't happen.

Plus... these raid rules...

I'll take you back to 2014.
VP no rules.
Outside VP No limit of people on spawn camp out wherever (includes right next to ct, which was my fav)
Trains was a no go but it was generally accepted that trak trains was way of the land, just had to not get caught. This was pre fte. Even if you got FTE you couldn't be sure so usually it was yellow txt (xp) group hurrying to do the quest or what not before the rulings came back. That was about the extent of every petition "who's fte" now with the shouts we should just go back to way it was before with minimal GM intervention unless something was super blatant.

Only rule I promote at this point is no re-fte which sirken took care (fuckin a/a rule lawyered that rule into existence prolly dumbest one I've ever heard) and the 1 hour lock which should be extended to two imo, I feel 1 hour for all but a/a/r is almost out of the question but in the end casuals don't really show up to contest so who knows.

Neetas1320 04-18-2017 01:22 PM

[QUOTE=Daldaen;2509047]This is the exact reason why these servers are awesome.

Why do you want GMs to involve themselves in camp or raid disputes. The game is far more clean if people resolve it themselves rather than going on telling the volunteer hall monitor to solve their dispute for them like a petulant child.

Any MMO needs GM's. Its a silly comparison, but just like in RL you need cops.
People that play EQ generally dont resolve issues in that clean kind of manner (a few exceptional players will) they train you they nerd rage, they do anything they can to get what THEY want. This server is by FAR the best version of EQ that we have found. If TLP servers from Daybreak are so awesome why do they keep remaking them? Why do they all bomb after 4 months?

I will admit that the lawyerquest in p99 raid scene is WAY out of control. I could never play lawyerquest cause fuck DLing fraps fuck paying attention to logs, but TBH I dont even play this game enough to worry about the lawyerquest cause i just log in for fun and play with good people and occasionally ill go to some raids with the guild with the most reason (Rustle)

The pulling from other peoples camp is no issue to me. It happens all day everyday in p99 i just go find something else to pull. The games just no fun when there is no mutual respect between players and guilds. Youll never see people work together in Daybreak like you do in P99.