Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Solo Leveling Guide for a Twink Monk? (/forums/showthread.php?t=281150)

Diabolic2442 09-13-2017 12:55 PM

Solo Leveling Guide for a Twink Monk?

My monk twink just hit 20 in Kurn's and the Zem was amazing soloing the place but now it's slowing down. What are some good places to solo until 60 that will be most efficient? I don't have a ton of play time any more which is why I'd rather solo when I can. The twink has Fungi/CoF and AC/SoS/TStaff. Hoping for more high Zem areas like Kurn's.

Siberious 09-13-2017 01:00 PM

At 20 go to kurns basement until 25. Then TT ZL in SoNH until 31 on the Iksar betrayers in the cave. I did this all without fungi/CoF was fun.

Wibo49 09-13-2017 01:02 PM

I did a monk twink to 56 recently. I did 20-30 in WW giant fort in like a day, then HH guards to 42 in really short order. The zem there is amazing. I grouped in CoM til 44 or so, then I solo'd SolB to 52 in about a week and a half. I then got to 56 soloing in KC in about a week.

Another place to look at from 20-40 is SolA, great Zem and you can get exp from the goblins or the gnomes.

Diabolic2442 09-13-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberious (Post 2581148)
At 20 go to kurns basement until 25. Then TT ZL in SoNH until 31 on the Iksar betrayers in the cave. I did this all without fungi/CoF was fun.

I went to the basement at 20 and there's only a few blue burranai's while the rest were green along with mostly green skellies. Am I supposed to go much deeper in the basement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wibo49 (Post 2581149)
I did a monk twink to 56 recently. I did 20-30 in WW giant fort in like a day, then HH guards to 42 in really short order. The zem there is amazing. I grouped in CoM til 44 or so, then I solo'd SolB to 52 in about a week and a half. I then got to 56 soloing in KC in about a week.

Another place to look at from 20-40 is SolA, great Zem and you can get exp from the goblins or the gnomes.

Would that be #12 on the map for the WW Giants at lv20? https://wiki.project1999.com/Warsliks_Woods

Siberious 09-13-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolic2442 (Post 2581152)
I went to the basement at 20 and there's only a few blue burranai's while the rest were green along with mostly green skellies. Am I supposed to go much deeper in the basement?

Would that be #12 on the map for the WW Giants at lv20? https://wiki.project1999.com/Warsliks_Woods

I did monk & cleric from 20-25 off of purely the skeletons. With that twinked of a monk you can handle the Bury as well, most greens besides the lowest skeletons will give XP till 24, and then you're just plowing around through mostly green XP to 25.

Sacer 09-13-2017 02:26 PM

On mine I did Kurns to 18, Upper Guk to 38, Sol A on gnomes to 44 then Sol B.

Pyrocat 09-13-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wibo49 (Post 2581149)

This is the right answer. 20 may be a little low to get started there but exp flies by astonishingly fast in SolA. You can kill gnomes/clockworks until about level 44 and the exp you get off greens is still amazing. Even if several people have the same idea, the gnome area is so large that it can support multiple groups without ever overlapping. And there's a goblin merchant in zone to sell ore/FS weapons to, or just go outside and sell to druid merchant.

HHK guards/goblins are also an option for amazing ZEM in a similar level range, but honestly it's so popular that you'll spend half your time traveling there then immediately traveling to an alternate spot because it's already camped.

For weapons you may want to hold off on using the Tstaff until it procs. Dual wield AC/SOS is going to give you more DPS across almost all levels pre-50. It depends how lazy you want to be, because the DPS starts to even out if you do the 2HB unequip trick.

Jimjam 09-13-2017 03:09 PM

Najena can take you into the 30s off various skeletons (and later ogres).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siberious (Post 2581153)
I did monk & cleric from 20-25 off of purely the skeletons. With that twinked of a monk you can handle the Bury as well, most greens besides the lowest skeletons will give XP till 24, and then you're just plowing around through mostly green XP to 25.

I did my ranger till like 23 on Kurns skeletons. Then I turned in 400 bone chips for a third more of a level in Kaladim. For science!

Rygar 09-13-2017 04:59 PM

I can't speak to ZEMs really, but I did really well in Swamp of No Hope at the undead camp opposite cabilis. Is a good spot to rest with sneak on to avoid almost every roamer and fight there. I didn't even have a fungi, maybe had SCHW at the time.

Pretty sure I was mid twenties there or slightly higher, maybe stayed in that zone until 32ish.

As soon as you can, I recommend going to hunt Tundra Yeti's in Dreadlands. 6min respawn or so, very low agro radius (fight them on spawn point). Can hold down a lot of them with a fungi and bandages. You even make some decent gem drop loot off them. I think you could stay there from 38-46 if you wanted. Camped a bunch, but with fast respawns you can usually get yourself a cubby, also there is a lesser used cave opposite the popular one with 4-5 spawns (gotta catch one of the spawns fast else he wanders out into the tundra).

Raavak 09-13-2017 05:07 PM

I liked doing the tundra yetis on my monk. The respawn rate was perfect and it was fairly safe.

Biggest thing is finding a spot that you don't have to fight for. Some of the best "fishing holes" are well known and "overfished". Its best to not have to look long for something to kill... minimizing the time between kills and maximizing efficiency.