Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   So your new guild frowns upon RnF - Stay or leave? (/forums/showthread.php?t=279303)

Lhancelot 08-09-2017 12:48 PM

So your new guild frowns upon RnF - Stay or leave?

If your guild told you that you were no longer allowed to post in RNF or carry on with lively banter in the server section, would you stay or leave the guild and why?

Baler 08-09-2017 12:59 PM

Just don't tell them who you are on a the forums.

Problem Solved.

Lhancelot 08-09-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 2567547)
Just don't tell them who you are on a the forums.

Problem Solved.

That's one solution true. But eventually it will come out, it's impossible to keep your identity hidden forever.

Most of us have pals that know our ID on forums, and it's just a matter of time before they share that with a pal, who is a pal of a pal in the guild you are in.

If you had to choose to stay in the guild and never partake in RnF or server forum chat hostilely or leave it the guild to carry on your forumquesting, what would you do?

Baler 08-09-2017 01:04 PM

And if the guild requires to know whom you are on the forums for what ever reason. Just have an anom alt account that has built up some modest quality positive posts. Making that account sooner than later is a good idea.
If they ask about forum join date then just tell them your game account is from eqemu.

:)
This message is hidden because Lhancelot is on your ignore list.

Baler 08-09-2017 01:05 PM

Sounds like you screwed yourself by telling people Hi i'm Lhancelot on the forums. Check out my top notch posts i'm a valued member of the community.

Lhancelot 08-09-2017 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 2567550)
And if the guild requires to know whom you are on the forums for what ever reason. Just have an anom alt account that has built up some modest quality positive posts. Making that account sooner than later is a good idea.
If they ask about forum join date then just tell them your game account is from eqemu.

:)
This message is hidden because Lhancelot is on your ignore list.

That's a good idea too didn't think of that; making an alt forum account to post happy postings and gain nothing but good reviews.

Pokesan 08-09-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 2567552)
Sounds like you screwed yourself by telling people Hi i'm Lhancelot on the forums. Check out my top notch posts i'm a valued member of the community.

telling the truth is sometimes hurtful

Lhancelot 08-09-2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baler (Post 2567552)

I can't expect everyone to like me or my posts nor do I aim for that. I am just me, like it or not. :)

Troxx 08-09-2017 01:09 PM

I can totally understand why some guilds would prefer their members not shit around in Rants and flames.

Baler 08-09-2017 01:10 PM

If you choose to follow my advice just remember.. It's an act and you'll have to keep you up personas or it will all come crumbling down. No one trusts a liar. Basically never give any indications on the forums, in game or any other form of communication on who you actually are.

I've learned this all from playing eve online.