Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Priests (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   High Level Cleric Solo Suggestions (/forums/showthread.php?t=158546)

Estu 07-21-2014 12:46 PM

High Level Cleric Solo Suggestions

I've been EXPing my cleric by nuking skeletons at the combine ruins in Dreadlands for the past few levels (when I don't have time to group), but he's 47 and many of the skeletons are turning green, so I'm looking for a new home. Specs are out since they're also turning green now (I could technically kill green mobs for bad EXP but I'm not interested in doing this). I was thinking of heading over to Trakanon's Teeth and trying to find a decent spot, maybe near Sebilis, but I'm worried I'm still too low.

My cleric's gear is unimpressive so he can only realistically take down one dark blue undead mob at a time. I'm looking for a place with non-caster undead mobs single-pullable (or at least in small splittable camps) around high level 30s. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Daldaen 07-21-2014 01:02 PM

Lower Guk.

Get yourself past the bats and IVU. Search around for a location with a single mob you can handle. I think the stairs just before assassin has a single roamer or atleast splitable roamers. There is also one just past the safe hall but it's level starts getting up there along with its hp.

There are casters though... just have an insta clicky like Shrunken goblin ear to insta refresh and alternate you're stuns. Alternatively DA and eat 2-3 spells on a DA.

Ele 07-21-2014 01:02 PM

Rotting Skeleton camp should fit ya

Estu 07-21-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daldaen (Post 1543083)
Lower Guk.

Get yourself past the bats and IVU. Search around for a location with a single mob you can handle. I think the stairs just before assassin has a single roamer or atleast splitable roamers. There is also one just past the safe hall but it's level starts getting up there along with its hp.

There are casters though... just have an insta clicky like Shrunken goblin ear to insta refresh and alternate you're stuns. Alternatively DA and eat 2-3 spells on a DA.

I'll do some experimentation, thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ele (Post 1543085)

Rotting Skeleton camp has the same skeletons as in the combine ruins I think, so it's too low at this point.

Tecmos Deception 07-21-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ele (Post 1543085)

Eh. IIRC, that's a weird camp to XP at for a cleric. Some of the mobs will be light blue, some of them will be very hard fights to win. You definitely can do 47-60 in lguk though. Slim pickings in the upper 50s, and you will sometimes need to use lulls to split up a double pull, but other than that yeah.

Daldaen 07-21-2014 06:31 PM

Really though, as a cleric. Find a class that can charm. Druid, Enchanter, Necro.

Druid, duo in Kedge.
Necro, duo in KC first then HS.
Enchanter, duo in Sol B at imps/efreeti

That will be much better exps. Though it isn't nearly convenient as soloing.

greer 07-22-2014 09:33 PM

What did you decide on trying? Where did you go?

Estu 07-22-2014 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greer (Post 1545242)
What did you decide on trying? Where did you go?

I haven't done a lot of soloing on that guy since making this thread. I don't play a ton. I did run over to Burning Woods since it was nearby. There are a lot of undead gorillas and sarnak skeletons. The tough part is finding a good safe spot to pull from. I've had some success pulling from the west wall of the zone. Will experiment some more.

Tuljin 07-22-2014 10:58 PM

There's a few tough mobs at combine ruins that are at the eastern side of the city by the stairs under the giant spires. One of them randomly spawns a skeletal champion which you wont be able to kill but the others should still be yummy xp morsels at 47

Estu 07-22-2014 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuljin (Post 1545324)
There's a few tough mobs at combine ruins that are at the eastern side of the city by the stairs under the giant spires. One of them randomly spawns a skeletal champion which you wont be able to kill but the others should still be yummy xp morsels at 47

Combine ruins is not good for me at 47 since plaguebone skeletons are largely turning green. Every spawn either has a common plaguebone skeleton pop (which is not good because they're too low level) or a common wraithbone champion pop (which is not good because they're too high level). Believe me when I say that I'm done with this camp :)