Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Warrior Gear Suggestions (/forums/showthread.php?t=266074)

mike13bc 02-18-2017 09:36 AM

Warrior Gear Suggestions

Playing on R99, but looking for some upgrade recommendations.

Rolling with Wurmy and Green Jade Broad Sword
Mithril BP/Arms/Legs
Incarnadine Boots
RBB
Gaunts of Fiery Might
Crusty Helm
Hero/Dragon Bone Bracelet
Tattered Mantle
Onyx Drakescale Cloak

Have a decent amount of plat to spend but not unlimited. Any thoughts on upgrades? Thinking of aiming for a Cobalt BP or better weapons? Could also get a better shoulder/back piece fairly cheap...

RDawg816 02-18-2017 11:24 AM

I don't play on red, but for a warrior I imagine you'd want to keep your resists up. Wouldn't faster weapons help there as well? A fungi is always good, do you have one yet?

Lhancelot 02-18-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDawg816 (Post 2471050)
I don't play on red, but for a warrior I imagine you'd want to keep your resists up. Wouldn't faster weapons help there as well? A fungi is always good, do you have one yet?

resists and used to be 2h weapons were best because you could joust with them. But, I have not played eq1 PVP in over 10 years so... maybe things different now. Make small race too so you harder to hit imo.

mike13bc 02-18-2017 03:11 PM

A) You both should come play red. It's glorious

B) Definitely agree on the resists. 2H weapons better for PvP--you only get a few swipes at a time before it gets chaotic.

RDawg816 02-18-2017 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike13bc (Post 2471148)
A) You both should come play red. It's glorious

I'll pass.
Quote:

B) Definitely agree on the resists. 2H weapons better for PvP--you only get a few swipes at a time before it gets chaotic.
Maybe keep the wurmslayer and get a shield (Sarnak Battle Shield) for bashing...and you could get a wurmscale coat (or Imbued Granite Spauldors if you're a medium race)... Lodi shield for your back... I don't know how expensive/rare things are on red.

debuilder 02-19-2017 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RDawg816 (Post 2471164)
I don't know how expensive/rare things are on red.

You can get any item you want very easily on red, most of the time for free.

Jimjam 02-19-2017 12:40 PM

except runed blades :p

Aesop 02-20-2017 04:30 AM

that 13/23 sword from skyshrine is usually pretty cheap when u can find them for a 1h. Lots of fairly good cheap options, idk how good is Wurmslayer. Staff of battle is a good 2h to use for pvp, 31/37 hits like a truck, good for dps and pve as well. big races can slam to interrupt before 55 kickstun (skills up using the bash skill as well).

u want enough MR to resist root and snare after tash otherwise casters will just kill you like ur a mob. if you don't wanna do that and you are rolling buffless anyhow, you can pumice off roots and snares as long as no one to hit you to interrupt.