Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Would it be against the rules... (/forums/showthread.php?t=130817)

Cars 12-12-2013 05:22 PM

Would it be against the rules...

To do a draw on my account that people pay into with platinum for a chance to win my characters if I then did another draw for free to give away the platinum? Totally done here but I figured I could have some fun with getting rid of my characters.

baalzy 12-12-2013 05:23 PM

You could just give your characters to me. :P

Ambrotos 12-12-2013 05:24 PM

You're asking people to give you plat in order to have a chance to win an account from you due to quitting?

baalzy 12-12-2013 05:26 PM

But in seriousness, I think the first part draws too close to 'selling' your account. The new rule on account ownership is that the original owner is always considered the only owner. Others can use your account with your permission (and you're responsible for whatever actions they perform with your account) but ownership is no longer 'transferable'.

I will say you should carefully consider giving away your accounts and stuff. I did this 2 years ago and regret it a bit. I'm lucky and was able to recover my accounts from the people I left them with but I kinda regret the amount of gear I used to have being gone.

I'll make you this promise, if you leave your accounts in my stewardship I'll return them to you whenever you want in the same (or better) condition that you left them to me :P.

myriverse 12-12-2013 05:27 PM

If you're done here, then why bother with plat?

baalzy 12-12-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrotos (Post 1217772)
You're asking people to give you plat in order to have a chance to win an account from you due to quitting?

Looks like he wants to
1) Hold a raffle to win his characters
2) Hold another raffle (with free entry) to then give the platinum gained in raffle 1 away.
Edit: 3) Quit.

Cars 12-12-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baalzy (Post 1217787)
Looks like he wants to
1) Hold a raffle to win his characters
2) Hold another raffle (with free entry) to then give the platinum gained in raffle 1 away.

Bingo, just to transfer some plat around to potentially new and broke players. If its illegal I will just give the account away.

Ambrotos 12-12-2013 05:29 PM

Sounds like a pretty cool yet fishy sounding idea. It doesn't break any rules that I can tell, but raises a lot of red flags imo.

Cars 12-12-2013 05:31 PM

Hey ambrotos, sending you a message.

SirAlvarex 12-12-2013 05:37 PM

If the GM's know and can act as a broker for the PP, then I think that gets rid of a lot of the red flags.

It just takes their time, so you'd have to try and broker a deal with them (which it sounds like you're doing).