Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Make EQ Look Significantly Better Graphically. (/forums/showthread.php?t=2482)

Skeletonya 06-25-2010 02:45 PM

Nice. Thank you so much :D

http://i46.tinypic.com/64pcau.jpg

Zorpa 06-25-2010 04:02 PM

Wow, what a difference. Thanks!

stormlord 06-25-2010 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skeletonya (Post 85310)
Nice. Thank you so much :D

**SKIP BIG IMAGE**

I concur. Wow! Looks great. Didn't know it could look so good.

stormlord 06-25-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumin (Post 59537)
I like the old models more as well, but I know a few people that prefer the newer ones. Where exactly in the EverQuest folder do you enable the new models to be used in place of the old ones?

WTB feature that turns on new/old model for a character dependent on which one that character has selected. So if halfelfA has the old one selected, you see the old one. If halfelfB has the new one selected, you see the new one. That's what I've always felt would help to settle this issue. If the new models looked like the old ones then something like this wouldn't be needed. Otherwise, please respect the people who're playing other characters. If they want to look like an old model, please allow them to!!!! It's their choice, not yours. Polygons are insignificant. It's the style of the model that counts. But if a character selects a new one because it has more polygons, fine. So I should see the new one if they have it selected for their character.

Ultimately, sony is the one that disrespected players, not the players themselves. Switching to old models to speed up the framerate should not mean that your friend should suddenly look like a completely different person. Ogres, for example, look cumbersome and almost friendly in the old versions. In the new, they're fierce. If a player wants to look fierce, let them. If they want to look dumb, let them. Give them that choice, at least.

Also, though less important, the new model facial textures have less distinction. The 3d model doesn't change, so the position of hte eyes and nose doesn't change. In the old models, the textures on the face are much different because the facial model is much less defined. So, basically, facial textures on any particular new model look more similar than the old ones did. This is true for eyes/nose/mouth positioning, not coloring.

Btw, this is not the one thing I would change. As already said, I want more breast animations. Bouncing breasts trump all else, imho. Everything else is crackers. Feel free to censor me.

Lucrio40 06-25-2010 06:21 PM

Wow...with shadows...that looks so awesome

Downloading now.

Smoo 06-26-2010 08:24 PM

bump this is lovely :)

Damaja 06-26-2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoo (Post 85900)
bump this is lovely :)

thanks bro, downloading this now.

Fahn 06-26-2010 11:09 PM

Posting to say this has been fantastic so far. Not really new images just much sharper ones.

Smuuglie 06-27-2010 01:21 AM

Now, all we need, IS A FIX FOR HUMAN HELMS, RIGHT? :D

Qaedain 06-27-2010 12:59 PM

This is ****ing incredible. Thank you so, so, so much for this.