Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Mistmoore camp dispute (/forums/showthread.php?t=91640)

Xer0 12-20-2012 01:06 AM

Mistmoore camp dispute

So I arrived in mistmoore, within minutes assembled a full group, and we went to "corner",, next to the castle, adjacent from the pond. I'm now getting tells from the group leader of the pond that we are being reported for taking their spawns. Does "pond" very well indicate that you get to claim the entire first area of the zone?

William_Munny15 12-20-2012 01:13 AM

I see this happen quite a bit especially if a group at pond can clear the entire area as well as start to grab spawns from the hallway leading to Graveyard. Technically pond area stops at the entrance of the corridor. I'd say you're free to stay there if you just pull your mobs from the corridor between pond and GY.

sonbrodersen 12-20-2012 01:14 AM

I believe I was there, and to my knowledge yes the entire entrance does belong to the pond group. We were not getting enough pulls to fuel our death spree compared to the time before your group arrived. There just isn't enough spawns to keep both groups satisfied. To us, it felt like another group was trying to force us out.

Xer0 12-20-2012 01:18 AM

Okay, but having been there, your opinion is not exactly unbiased. Looking for a legitimate answer not an "I was in that predicament so I feel like it should be this way". I'd like a neutral party to give me a definitive answer. In my opinion, pond should be pond, corner should be corner. There are indeed plenty to go around. You wont have pulls every minute, but why should you? You can get that on wow

Ambrotos 12-20-2012 01:22 AM

I'ts a open zone. So it's pretty much open for anyone to pull unless its a named camp. Pretty much it's rude if a group is at the pond, you don't set up a group in the same area like you did. Not against the rules, but not nice either. I would just move your group down to the graveyard and pull there and the pit.

You just moved your group into a spot that has around 13 spawns, being forced to be shared by 2 groups. You would be better off killing 1 every 6 mins compared to the 4-8 your group may kill in a period of 15 mins.

Xer0 12-20-2012 01:28 AM

Okay. Well, everything else is camped and I just spent an hour porting and running around to get here

Massive Marc 12-20-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xer0 (Post 791933)
Okay. Well, everything else is camped and I just spent an hour porting and running around to get here

Confirmed Classic.

webrunner5 12-20-2012 01:43 AM

I think you are wrong. There is really only the Pond area, Grave Yard. maybe pit area and Castle entrance as camps in there. And they all over lap a bit. But the "Corner" is really not a camp. Not when there is a Pond group. MM has long respawn timers in there. If you can see another group in eyesight from you in MM you are way to close .

If you would have moved into the valley and set on the hill at the bend that might have worked out. But even the Pond and Grave Yard groups pull from the Valley at times. MM is really are very small zone in reality.

fishingme 12-20-2012 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ambrotos (Post 791922)
I'ts a open zone. So it's pretty much open for anyone to pull unless its a named camp. Pretty much it's rude if a group is at the pond, you don't set up a group in the same area like you did. Not against the rules, but not nice either. I would just move your group down to the graveyard and pull there and the pit.

You just moved your group into a spot that has around 13 spawns, being forced to be shared by 2 groups. You would be better off killing 1 every 6 mins compared to the 4-8 your group may kill in a period of 15 mins.

funny enough, on ayonae, corner was a classic camp. Large pop, zone gets split up into more than just sections of the zone.

Rooj 12-20-2012 03:39 AM

I can remember on live when there was 1 group per room of goblins in Highkeep