Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   EQ Lite Client Guide [Auto-Script or Manually] (/forums/showthread.php?t=7186)

agemyth 03-20-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatMagic (Post 1371627)
Fixed and amended on my script! To anyone who already ran the EQLite script, you will need to find the full install of Titanium and copy all "growthplane_" files over to your EQLite script. Sorry for the missed files!

Just to be sure, I had six files that started with growthplane. That sound about right? (One was already in there as Schortt mentioned)

FatMagic 03-21-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agemyth (Post 1373771)
Just to be sure, I had six files that started with growthplane. That sound about right? (One was already in there as Schortt mentioned)

Yes should be just six of them. (see image below)

http://i.imgur.com/LGXY1cr.jpg

worch 10-08-2014 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for starting the project. I run EQ from a ram disk, so reducing the size of the EQ directory helps a lot.

For anyone using linux, attached is a bash script to remove unused files. I had to give it a .txt extension in order to upload the file, fyi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatMagic (Post 1371627)
Fixed and amended on my script! To anyone who already ran the EQLite script, you will need to find the full install of Titanium and copy all "growthplane_" files over to your EQLite script. Sorry for the missed files!

I noticed that the manual instructions were not updated to include growthplane files. I went through the manual steps myself and noticed that coyotes in steamfont mountains didn't have the correct model (they appears as human males) when the growthplane files were missing.

FatMagic 10-08-2014 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worch (Post 1639603)
I noticed that the manual instructions were not updated to include growthplane files. I went through the manual steps myself and noticed that coyotes in steamfont mountains didn't have the correct model (they appears as human males) when the growthplane files were missing.

Ah rats! You're right. I need to update that. I will do so. Thanks for the heads up!

FatMagic 10-08-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worch (Post 1639603)

Just updated the manual instructions. There were a few frivolous files I still had on that list. It also didn't include the Plane of Time files! So now it does! You might want to go back and make sure to include the PoTime files. Check my manual list. You may want to double check it against your bash script to be accurate.

worch 10-09-2014 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatMagic (Post 1639785)
It also didn't include the Plane of Time files! So now it does! You might want to go back and make sure to include the PoTime files. Check my manual list. You may want to double check it against your bash script to be accurate.

Oh, right. PoT files are already included. Earlier, I forgot to mention those were also missing from the manual instructions.

Something I did different in the bash script was to include the equipment files for future expansions, frogequip.s3d, gatesequip.s3d, omensequip.s3d, etc. They were relatively small. And I figured that GMs might be equiping items from later expansions, so I kept them in the directory so I could see them, just in case.

worch 04-28-2015 08:58 AM

A friend who was setting up EQLite had an issue where the launcher script contained in the p99 patch zip's was not copied over to C:/EQLite. I can't confirm since I don't use the script (don't use windows), but this is something you may want to double check.

FatMagic 04-28-2015 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by worch (Post 1872273)
A friend who was setting up EQLite had an issue where the launcher script contained in the p99 patch zip's was not copied over to C:/EQLite. I can't confirm since I don't use the script (don't use windows), but this is something you may want to double check.

I will take a look! Thank you for the heads up.

mr. P 06-03-2015 05:23 PM

Nice, thanks for the script. :)

However, I had to change:
Code:

cd E:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest
to
Code:

cd /d E:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest
for this script to work. Otherwise it would not find any files to copy. I believe that change would solve the issue some people has been experiencing. The "/d" flag would only be necessary in cases where the folder resides in another drive than the current working directory is. But it can be used in cases where the folder is one the same drive as well. I.e. it's a win-win. :)

Also, if I would have had my wits about me before I ran this script and deleted my old EQ folder I would have also added this line to the script after the line above:
Code:

for /f %%i in ('dir /b ^| findstr /i ".*.ini$"') do (
        xcopy %%i "%eqlite_dir%"
)

Then I would not have lost my settings (*.ini files). Shame on me.

Grimjaw 06-04-2015 02:53 AM

^ you can add the line DISKPART CLEAN ALL to free up even more space.