Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Tanks (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Ogre warrior (/forums/showthread.php?t=390847)

Tereon 08-31-2021 07:15 AM

Ogre warrior

Hi guyzzz. I never play eq.

1st toon will be war.

Should I do ogre or barbarian guyszsz?

Ty

the penitent thief 08-31-2021 09:02 AM

I'm a bit biased, but I think barbarian warriors look the snazziest. The ogre warrior is objectively the best choice from a min/max perspective due to frontal stun immunity & their ridiculously high stamina & strength.

This is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game, and I believe you should pick a class/race combination that suits you based on the lore of the world or what looks the coolest.

Good luck and happy hunting!

jolanar 08-31-2021 09:12 AM

If you've never played EQ before, I would recommend Barbarian over Ogre. It will make the learning curve a lot easier.

Andyman1022 08-31-2021 09:25 AM

Iksar necro is the best first toon for someone who has never played imo.

Snaggles 08-31-2021 09:42 AM

Barb is going to be easier with less places that hate you and more places you won’t have problems fitting. Nice thing is you can train almost anywhere so if going that route I’d find a port out of Everfrost and never go back. My wiz is bound there and can help; send “Chapman” a /tell in game.

Allishia 08-31-2021 09:43 AM

Dark elf /nod

DeathsSilkyMist 08-31-2021 11:14 AM

First toon shouldn't be warrior honestly. If you want to play a melee class as your first char you should go Shadowknight, Paladin, or Monk. Any of those classes will be more dynamic and are able to farm for money to fund your main or alts.

If you are dead set on warrior and must pick between Ogre and Barb, I would go Ogre. Both are tall, so you will need shrink in both cases, but Ogres have better stats and a more conveniently located start area. They are evil, but honestly that is pretty easy to get around with a bit of research. While it is true Barbarians are kos in less cities, if you are truly running around Norrath blind and without a guide, you will still run in to plenty of KoS npcs just by chance.

Crede 08-31-2021 02:00 PM

Ogres are fugly, quit my ogre sk in the 50s because I just got tired of looking at him.

War race is all about fashion, go barb for sure. Being tall isn’t as bad when you’re not fat.

Tunabros 08-31-2021 02:09 PM

first toon (min/max wise) should be a class that could fam very well

warriors are pretty tough to in order to gear out and very expensive

I made a warrior twink recently and dropped about 40k on him

DeathsSilkyMist 08-31-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crede (Post 3354547)
Ogres are fugly, quit my ogre sk in the 50s because I just got tired of looking at him.

War race is all about fashion, go barb for sure. Being tall isn’t as bad when you’re not fat.

Ogres and Trolls look great IMO. Trolls have the best animation set in classic EQ hands down. To each his own:D