Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Red Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Who are your characters going to be? (/forums/showthread.php?t=52100)

Softcore PK 10-20-2011 12:42 AM

Who are your characters going to be?

Tell me about them! What race/class/diety? Why?? Have you developed back stories for them? Where did they come from, and why will they do the things they will?

Most of you seem to be ruthless murderers (RPKs)!! Are you a little warped in the head, or simply evil?

I hope you guys think of these things. It adds a little depth to your character, and I prefer it over basketball references :P

Do tell!

Palemoon 10-20-2011 12:52 AM

I'm actually leaning towards Paladin lol, and going to try to be a paragon of virtue in the sea of these ruthless killers. Try to defend the weak ,etc.etc.

Everyone else will be "roleplaying" axe murderers, so I want to be something different.

georgie 10-20-2011 12:54 AM

i will be an iksar monk of cazic thule, come kunark. but til then i'll be a bard or a druid.

Softcore PK 10-20-2011 01:13 AM

PvP servers are the perfect place for RP to take place. It's a shame we don't see enough of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palemoon (Post 438927)
I'm actually leaning towards Paladin lol, and going to try to be a paragon of virtue in the sea of these ruthless killers. Try to defend the weak ,etc.etc.

Everyone else will be "roleplaying" axe murderers, so I want to be something different.

I like this! And paladin would be the perfect choice, of course. What race/diety? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgie (Post 438928)
i will be an iksar monk of cazic thule, come kunark. but til then i'll be a bard or a druid.

Will your monk be evil and intimidating? Would your bard be playful and courageous? Would your druid be a psychotic PETA member? Details!

Lovely 10-20-2011 01:15 AM

Hopefully most people roll casters so I don't have to use more then half a mana pool on kills. Hate killing melee's and tanks then you gotta med for 15 min after a kill ;x

mimixownzall 10-20-2011 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Palemoon (Post 438927)

http://www.notacult.com/swampd.htm

Check out the part where the paladin comes in. It's good stuff.

Another thing: Notice the melee damage on this server. Notice how much damage the paladin armor mitigates. Paladin in in all planar no-drop stuff.

Softcore PK 10-20-2011 02:06 AM

My main will be a gnome cleric of Bertoxxulous. And though she will have a perhaps unhealthy obsession with disease, blood and death, she will be far from evil. I don't see her wanting to PK at all, opting instead to be helpful and make as many friends as possible. Maybe I could take up baking, and pass out treats in my exp groups! :D

Mardur 10-20-2011 02:35 AM

I will be playing a sexually-confused androgynous Dwarf Cleric.

georgie 10-20-2011 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Softcore PK (Post 438939)
PvP servers are the perfect place for RP to take place. It's a shame we don't see enough of it.

I like this! And paladin would be the perfect choice, of course. What race/diety? :)

Will your monk be evil and intimidating? Would your bard be playful and courageous? Would your druid be a psychotic PETA member? Details!

my monk will be intimidating but i will spare those who i pity. my bard will be a dickhead and swarm kite. my druid will be a sick ass hierophant and he will kill/nuke griefers off the server

Darwoth 10-20-2011 03:39 AM

my druid will be roleplaying the typical californian and as such believes everything but himself, a few friends and the trees should be dead.