Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Random stutter when turning with mouse.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=120906)

Stabulous 09-02-2013 07:44 PM

Random stutter when turning with mouse..

I hold right click with my mouse to turn and some of the time when I try to make a turn my game will just randomly hitch a little and turn me too far. It's pretty disorienting when it happens, a lot of the time if there aren't any landmarks around I have no idea what way i'm facing after it happens. I turned my win 7 aero theme off because I read that p99 doesn't like that. I also put my max fps in my game options to 60. Is there anything else I can do to alleviate it? It only happens when i'm turning with my mouse, which seems weird to me. I set my /mousespeed to 4 if that matters. That's what seems comfortable to me. Thanks.

Lyra 09-03-2013 01:47 PM

I heard running WINeq2 fixes this problem

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogean (Post 24998)
try running EQ under WinEQ2, Found at Http://www.lavishsoft.com

Boone 09-04-2013 10:32 AM

Same issue here. In the FAQ they mentioned to try disabling Aero (for Win7) and it seems to work. I've been playing the last few nights with it disabled and haven't noticed any hitching.

Tecmos Deception 09-04-2013 11:43 AM

I experience a slight jump every time I pan across due north. Not sure if this is what the op has also.

Flipsyo 09-05-2013 12:27 PM

I have this issue, and i also have the stutter problem when i am moving things around in my inventory. Ill try to pick something up or drop something in, and it will stutter for about a second. Once i click the item a few times, it will stop it from stuttering for a little while. Not a huge deal, but it is pretty annoying

happyhappy 09-05-2013 08:26 PM

Used to do this for me for the longest time, only thing that fixed it was a clean reinstall, dunno if it was in the config or UI files but going fresh ended up solving it.

Didn't even take the risk of reimporting my macros or anything, just went blank slate and never re-experienced it ever again. Kind of sucked to lose all my settings, but it was more than worth it.

Roku 09-08-2013 07:58 PM

I've had this problem for a long time and none of the 'fixes' worked for me. I finally had to give up on my bard because of it.

Swish 09-09-2013 01:11 PM

This happens for me both on Vista and Windows 7...maybe its a Titanium issue :(

Flipsyo 09-14-2013 03:16 PM

almost feels like its getting worse for me

Rhun 09-17-2013 11:22 AM

I remember having it all the time on live. The only difference was that my PCs were much slower than the one I have right now. Actually, when I turned around like that I could always see the LED of the HDD working. So I think its just simple loading stutter. Get an SSD or maybe more RAM and it should be gone.