Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   EQ Live (/forums/showthread.php?t=26798)

Honus 02-04-2011 07:41 AM

EQ Live

How many of you will be going to live to play on the new "classic" server?
I say not only no, but FUCK NO.

moklianne 02-04-2011 10:27 AM

Its going to be like the last couple of progression servers they had. Its not classic at all. All of the zones that have been revamped aren't reverting back. Old quests/items that were taken out are not coming back, etc. Instances everywhere, etc.

The difference this time is that it will be timelocked when each expansion will be released. The last time, the top guilds were burning through expansions too quickly. It was a race. All of the expansions were opened up in like a year, so there was no true old world feel. They really need to take at least 3 years to allow people to truly experience everything each expansion had to offer. The problem is that the progression servers are just alt servers. When someone gets bored on it for even a few minutes, they will just jump back to their main on a regular server.

I actually mentioned to a dev once that they should make a true classic server and they said they don't have the man power. Plus most of the original source code is simply gone. They just don't have a complete record anymore.

Zadrian 02-04-2011 10:45 AM

Fact of the matter is, they will be 50 in a couple weeks. I bet they'll even allow the newbie quest gear stuff

Extunarian 02-04-2011 11:03 AM

I want to vote no, but I hate it when people replace the letter S with a dollar sign, so I had to pick "don't know."

Also, fixed:
Quote:

Originally Posted by moklianne (Post 216609)
The problem is that the progression servers are just alt servers. When someone gets bored on it for even a few minutes, they will just jump back to their main on p1999

hedbonker 02-04-2011 01:06 PM

Why pay for that crap when you can come here, make a donation and have a hell of a good time...

DevGrousis 02-04-2011 01:32 PM

what is alluring to me is the shear numbers.. it will really feel like it did back then with the zones brimming. but someone made a good point about players attention span

Odeseus 02-04-2011 03:33 PM

Not even going to bother with the live version, but not for the reasons already mentioned. There are 2 for me:

1) cost. These days I'm counting every penny so resubbing to EQ is just not in the cards right now. I could call up some old friends to see if I could borrow their account, but this leads me to my next point.....

2) multi-boxing. There is going to be a TON of it. Most people who are on live still have 2 accounts or more, or at least have access to more than 1 account. Or people would resub old accounts so they could multi-box in the prog server. That would drive me nuts since finding a group there would be just as hard (if not harder) than it is here, even with a larger player population.

And other than those two points, I agree with what has already been said. SoE would probably make the experience much easier than it was back in the day because current live subs have gotten used to a slightly easier game. Or in general, P99 is probably going to give a better "classic" experience than SoE could deliver. Which is sad that this little private server can kick SoE's ass......even though SoE has a TON more $ and man power and actually owns the original game.

Just my 2cp.

Chanus 02-04-2011 03:33 PM

"$OE" is the stupidest thing ever.

OH NOES! A CORPORATION THAT WANTS TO MAKE MONEY!

Scroll 02-04-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanus (Post 216770)
"$OE" is the stupidest thing ever.

OH NOES! A CORPORATION THAT WANTS TO MAKE MONEY!

QFE

moklianne 02-04-2011 04:29 PM

Hopefully, it will be a good advertisement for P1999. Either people will hate it and want a truer experience, or they will burn through it and miss it once its over.

I almost want to go back temporarily just to spread the word of P1999.