Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   F9 x 4 (/forums/showthread.php?t=13820)

Anaiyah 08-04-2010 09:33 PM

F9 x 4

So...

Who else plays with this camera angle lol? I don't remember when I started, but it was EARLY in my eq career...best angle ever :) Always have to ALT+pgUp, then down to make it not zoom in though!

fwaits 08-04-2010 11:04 PM

In EQ, first person for the win! Well ok probably not when kiting, or in certain raid situations when you need to see a large field of view, but for general play EQ had the best first person view. Many MMOGs now are not playable in first person at all due to their perspective field of view.

Droxx 08-04-2010 11:14 PM

I use the custom camera views for odd targetting as well as for max vision in some dungeon areas. Comes in really handy sometimes. For normal play, its 1st person though.

Tork 08-05-2010 08:35 AM

Only for incriminating screenshots of rogues hugging nuts and catching aggro - otherwise, 1st person.

I've stared at a lot of boss shins and knee caps.

Messianic 08-05-2010 10:21 AM

F9x3 or F9x4 is my perpetual camera angle...except for more precise scenarios such as dungeons, then it's first person.

I constantly scan around me for potential adds when kiting, so...

Overcast 08-05-2010 10:27 AM

I have that one and first person hotkeyed to F9 and F10. That view I used almost solely on my necro in Live.

My keyboard setup is almost never, ever default.

Funny thing was - for somethings... I just KNEW where I had them bound to the keyboard in EQLive as I would automatically reach for them without a thought.. :)

mmiles8 08-06-2010 07:53 AM

I'm always reallly really surprised at how many folks play in first person. The only times I ever go into first person are to hit U to interact with an NPC under a floor, or to get a screenshot of something.

I use F9 x 3, rather than x 4, but that's really just because it's an easier habit to always hit f9 3 times to switch from one view to the other, there's really no difference between the two.

Yes, when you log in you have to alt up, but it stays that way until you close your eq client out completely. When I log out i /camp server and leave the game at the login screen.

I really got into the habit while killing mammoths in everfrost on my shaman. You can't look around for roaming greens very well in first person and still med up. I've got environmental audio these days so I could probably get by in first person, but it just feels too restrictive. Gotta keep your head on a swivel!

Jeice 08-06-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohan445 (Post 111694)
If you want to attract others in this season's eye, then the Christian Louboutin Shoesplus Pandora Jewelry will be your best choice. But if you have Zumba Fitness DVD, P90X, or Insanity Workout DVD fitness video these three materials, you will become this season's most dazzling sexy goddess

idk about you guys, but this is the best camera angle.

Jael 08-06-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeice (Post 111727)
idk about you guys, but this is the best camera angle.

Agreed! Especially the "Sexy Goddess" angle. ;)

Lonedrahon25 08-06-2010 11:27 AM

I play 98% of EQ in nothing but f9 x3 or x4 depending on where im at.