Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How is hybrid hate these days? (/forums/showthread.php?t=157321)

koros 07-10-2014 03:39 PM

How is hybrid hate these days?

I haven't played in about a year due busy rl + frustration over logging in for 2 hours as a mid 50s ranger and being unable to get groups, almost anywhere. Is it better these days with many people being closer to/at 60 or still similar?

Whirled 07-10-2014 03:41 PM

The short answer: No Velious yet. Still XP penalties

Brut 07-10-2014 03:46 PM

Methinks hybrid hate and ranger hate are two different stories.

August 07-10-2014 03:46 PM

If you form your own group there's no problem. People always complain they sit LFG- but why do you expect someone else to place you in a group? Never understood this mindset when you roll a suboptimal class. You should play what you want, but included with that is the understood notion of playing an exp-sucking, ability-lacking class.

koros 07-10-2014 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by August (Post 1528990)
If you form your own group there's no problem. People always complain they sit LFG- but why do you expect someone else to place you in a group? Never understood this mindset when you roll a suboptimal class. You should play what you want, but included with that is the understood notion of playing an exp-sucking, ability-lacking class.

That's bullshit, I could easily tank/pull/dps with the best in xp groups, especially in KC, but I'm not about to get into a ranger argument. The problem with making your own groups is that higher in demand classes will often pull out on a whim when they get tells/bored, so it takes an extensive period of time even if you're very proactive about making groups.

Swish 07-10-2014 03:51 PM

Hard getting a group as a SK in Mistmoore yesterday, the min/max crowd is thriving.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums 07-10-2014 03:52 PM

Alive and well, thanks for asking.

tanknspank 07-10-2014 03:53 PM

The kind of hybrid seems to matter a lot more. I've yet to see a SK or bard turned down because they're a hybrid. On the other hand the ranger competes with every other DPS class out there so groups have a lot more room to be picky about it.

August 07-10-2014 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koros (Post 1529008)
That's bullshit, I could easily tank/pull/dps with the best in xp groups, especially in KC, but I'm not about to get into a ranger argument. The problem with making your own groups is that higher in demand classes will often pull out on a whim when they get tells/bored, so it takes an extensive period of time even if you're very proactive about making groups.

i'm not saying you can't do those things, just that my monk can do all of them better.

fadetree 07-10-2014 03:58 PM

I HATE ME SUM RANGER

Sk's too, big stinky doofuses, and the Paladins prancing around flashing light in your eyes like a bunch a damned poofs, trying to touch you in your special place. ITS DISGUSTING

Now, how bout a Monk? Or Rogue? Yeah buddy get ya some tasty doings there. You can be exactly like all the cool kids. Pressing dat 'A', flopping around on the ground, trying to come up with a name thats like stabby or pointy or Kung fu or something, now THATS living. Groups? Yar, all you want, in all the BEST PLACES. You know, the standard places that you get made fun of if you don't go to. Now thats sum EQ right there.