Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Account Hacks (/forums/showthread.php?t=40498)

Mustaza 06-20-2011 10:41 PM

Account Hacks

Has anyone else had folks in their guild effected by this?

My guild has had 2 people's accounts hacked, all gear stripped, one even had all his characters deleted. Information was confirmed private. GM's sadly said they could do nothing about it (which really stinks) and we've had to pull together twice now to get them back on track. Curious if any other guilds have suffered from random hacks.

BelenosThePagan 06-20-2011 10:43 PM

That's a shame, I'm sorry to hear that's happening here.

naekko 06-21-2011 12:56 AM

Make sure the issue isn't a vulnerability on your end. What I mean is your website's forum, CMS or DKP system. If it keeps happening to just your guild, consider checking into that. There are known issues with older versions of EQDKP and all the major forums / CMS systems have public and private exploits.

Make sure your guild knows not to use the same login information on ANY website that they use for their account. Make a new login, password for just forums and non trustworthy sites.

Internet 101.

Zereh 06-21-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mustaza (Post 317190)
GM's sadly said they could do nothing about it (which really stinks).

=*( Not true. They can do something. Not doing anything is their choice. I'd be raising a ruckus if it happened to me...

JenJen 06-21-2011 01:48 AM

this happened to me on live years ago - logged in one day, had been stripped of all armor, de mask destroyed, de-leveled about ten or so levels. the head gm on my server said he thought i'd been hacked "fairly" but refused to reinstate anything. i probably cried a little!

if they are refusing to help you here, id guess they think something's a bit fishy

naekko 06-21-2011 01:55 AM

It's probably retribution for fucking with Heartbeats that one time. TMO never forgets.

Happyfeet 06-21-2011 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naekko (Post 317316)
It's probably retribution for fucking with Heartbeats that one time. TMO never forgets.

Ya for sure man, we're like fucking awesome elephants.
No idea what you're talking about though.

Ledzepp02 06-21-2011 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naekko (Post 317316)

Do you swear to speak the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth....and yadda yadda

Abacab "The REAL truth" 06-21-2011 04:08 AM

I used to log on other peoples toons exploiting the EQEMU login, don't think I stripped them but did use them as grief/train bots for a good while

shdwdrake8 06-21-2011 05:08 AM

GMs said it was some "new policy" about returning items being the reason nothing was restored. Also, our forum is pretty secure unless someone is using the same login for that as their account info...