Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Remember that feeling? (/forums/showthread.php?t=116438)

Krazed 07-27-2013 11:06 PM

Remember that feeling?

That feeling back in the day, when you were part of a guild that felt like everyone was your friend?

When you looked forward to log on every night after work, so you could hang out and have adventures. Or camp random things, or just talk to people for hours about everything.

I miss that.

I want it back.

Are there any guilds like nowadays? Is anyone part of a big happy and entertaining guild that does things together more often than not?

If so, let me know. I feel like it's about the only thing I'm currently missing from my classic experience.

Tiggles 07-27-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krazed (Post 1048138)
That feeling back in the day, when you were part of a guild that felt like everyone was your friend?

When you looked forward to log on every night after work, so you could hang out and have adventures. Or camp random things, or just talk to people for hours about everything.

I miss that.

I want it back.

Are there any guilds like nowadays? Is anyone part of a big happy and entertaining guild that does things together more often than not?

If so, let me know. I feel like it's about the only thing I'm currently missing from my classic experience.

I've been in TMO since before we killed any raid content on P99 I was there for our first Noble kill and the majority of the other firsts for the guild.

Ive drank beers with guildies played board games with them and would let 90% of them crash on my couch.

Jizzebel 07-27-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggles (Post 1048143)
I've been in TMO since before we killed any raid content on P99 I was there for our first Noble kill and the majority of the other firsts for the guild.

Ive drank beers with guildies played board games with them and would let 90% of them crash on my couch.

but in BDA.

kotton05 07-28-2013 12:14 AM

That tonight's gonna be a good night?

Nuggie 07-28-2013 01:36 AM

None I know of on this server. Eq2 and WoW coming out tore my guild on live asunder. Now I'm fairly jaded to that feeling. I think because of the low pop here most guild leaders see players as warm bodies.

If you find that feeling again, spread the word because I want it back also.

Razdeline 07-28-2013 03:56 AM

It's common knowledge that IB has annual get-togethers, bbq's, and snazzy lobster dinners in Vegas.

Floraline 07-28-2013 04:43 AM

I have that feeling with my current guild, FYI. I never get a group that doesn't have at least one guildie involved.

Krazed 07-28-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Floraline (Post 1048403)
I have that feeling with my current guild, FYI. I never get a group that doesn't have at least one guildie involved.

What guild are you in? I've been having a hard time sticking with one character, mainly because of the fact that I have no regular group. Or "friends" that stick around for more than two weeks.

Deadmantis 07-28-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggles (Post 1048143)

It's the other 10% that you wouldn't give your home address to that's the wild card. They play their class like a champ, but you really don't want to know them outside of the game. Every guild has them, some more than others. :p

All joking aside, I would love to find that feeling in a guild once again. The core group of friends that I played EQ, Daoc, EQ2 and WoW with have since moved on from gaming. The guild I am in here once had a bunch of old geezers playing but I think most of them retired. These days I am lucky if I see 1 other guildie on. :o

Krazed 07-28-2013 11:57 AM

That's sad.

From what I've seen, out of the current leveling guilds, Knights who say Ni seem to be the best candidate for starting this kind of atmosphere. That is, if they haven't already!

I've met lots of friendlies from that guild lately.