Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   VD + GM = SUPERBAD (/forums/showthread.php?t=22606)

Uberom 12-03-2010 03:35 PM

VD + GM = SUPERBAD

Just a follow up on my previous thread of "VD = BAD". I went out to Ocean of Tears today to check out AC spawn. Sure enough it was camped, as I suspected. Unfortunately for me, it was camped by a member of VD. Since I said on my last thread that I would refuse to honor any camp they hold, ever again, because they had stolen my Efreeti camp, I had to follow up on my oath. I proceeded to summon my pet and kill PH's as they spawned. The member of VD sent tells like "This is camped" etc etc. Sort of reminded me of when I sent tells and /ooc that Efreeti was camped when VD stole it from me. Anyways, all the fucking scrubs there grouped up so that I couldn't possibly take the kill, which was just hilarious. I continued to troll them and anger them, just for pure enjoyment. At one point I was speaking German to the VD guy, who went on Google to try and find the German phrase for "This is camped". He found it, I had no idea what the hell it said! I even sent in a petition saying that they were trying to steal my camp, which I had rightfully attained since the holder of said camp went AFK. (This was a lie, obviously.) However, it still should have been investigated, right? See below.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xzerion (Post 17745)
Greetings,

6. AFK camping is not respected and is frowned upon, if caught afk camping you will be booted to the character select screen.

A couple of moments later, I was booted to the character select screen. "This account is currently suspended".

That's odd?

When I petitioned that my efreeti camp was stolen by members of Venereal Disease, the GM "Hobby" came and asked for both sides of the story. So when my camp gets stolen, a "fair trial" is given. When I steal another's camp, I'm immediately suspended without even being questioned or notified of my trespass.

When my camp was stolen, Hobby allowed members of Venereal Disease to submit arbitrary and incorrect information. Information such as "The ENC died to Efreeti", when this was not the case, because the Enchanter looted GEBS. After Hobby saw the logs that confirmed this, he probed for more stories, and VD came up with bullshit on the fucking dime. At one point they said, "The whole spawn was popped", which is again a lie because a Mage has zero CC ability(with a fire pet), and if that were the case, would I not be dead along with the ENC? The camp was not fully spawned, because we had just finished clearing it, and the ENC happened to aggro a roamer because of incorrect character placement. I admit, that was a small mistake on our part. But in no way did we ever lose control of the camp, and all this happened within a time frame of MAXIMUM five minutes? Venereal Cuntbags also stated that they gave me a chance to "exhibit the ability to hold the camp". Whilst nobody but me will ever know because it was only me and 6 VDicks up there, they stated this in /ooc WHILE continuing to clear the camp. They never once actually stopped pulling and gave me a chance. I could have, if it really mattered, pulled the imps outside. However, that isn't how our duo clears the camp. We have a particular way of charming pets and what not, a particular order that we like to pull things and that's our strategy, which is NOT open for discussion. We exhibit the ability to hold and clear the camp by the fact that we just killed Efreeti, /ooc told the whole zone about it, and I had control of the Enchanter's corpse in a safe spot while he was running back up (bound outside of SolB).

Quote:

4. In order to hold a camp, the player or group must be able to demonstrate the ability to hold the camp without further help.

"The player or group must..." It clearly says "or", which implies that if you have a group you must demonstrate this, but if your just a player, you must. We were grouped, therefore if anything, Venereal Brown Holes should have waited for the Enchanter to retain his corpse and "demonstrate" to them on the next PH. They did not wait, for either my group, or just me, to demonstrate anything. They killed whatever, whenever. Everything except the PH himself, because my buddy and I are just too skilled to let some fucking Euro-cunt outpull us :D (get raped Roofie).

VD makes the claim that, "The ENC didn't show up for X minutes". This is again a lie. The ENC was back way before the PH had spawned. As I stated before, the whole incident of him dying and retaining his corpse took maybe 5 minutes. A small mistake, but we have the right to make mistakes in our camp, as long as we can...

Quote:

1. Going forward, if you intend to hold or claim a camp, your group must retain presence at that camp.

which as I already stated, I had presence at the camp at all times. I also exhibited that I had control of the camp when I killed the roamer that was beating on my AFK turned dead Enchanter friend. How can I exhibit that I can hold the camp, when half the camp is wiped and VD is clearing and pulling the other side of it? Again, everything in the PH room was dead. What do I exhibit on? Want me to pull random shit just to show you fuckers something? No, not how it works.

If this is the case, let me know in PMs, I would gladly come to any camp you hold, IE Frenzy, and tell you how to pull and when to pull. If you don't do it my way, does that make the camp mine because "You can't exhibit the ability to hold it" to me? Who's the party that needs to be satisfied here, the party who retains the camp or the party who comes up challenging it? If the latter is the case, any party could take ANY camp in the game with the mere argument "Well if you dont pull that mob over there right now, I'm taking camp because apparently you can't hold it".

At the end of all these logical failures on Hobby's part, his final solution was for both parties to /random on the spawn. I opted out of this because of principle, and gated.

So today, when I was trying to steal the AC camp, why wasn't I given my chance to /random on the camp? Why wasn't I given my chance to come up with bullshit stories and inaccurate information? If a group can waltz in to a spawn, and the logs show the rightful owner of the spawn killing the rare mob only minutes ago, can still get a /random at a camp, then why can't I get a /random at a camp that I just waltzed into?

From as far as I can tell, the more people you have saying something, the stronger your argument is. Six Venereal Disease members apparently is more convincing than the two rightful owners of the spawn, regardless of the failures in argument and combat logs.

Scenario: Guild A has camp with 9 players in it. Guild B comes with 10 and starts taking camp. Guild A petitions. GM sees that Guild A has been there longer, and has retained presence continually. Guild B makes fallible arguments. GM notes that 10 > 9, and therefore Guild B's argument has some validity to it? GM gets frustrated at the simple decision he is tasked with, so he makes the guild /random for the camp. Does that make sense? Apparently to VD and the GM's, it does.

Moral of the story: If you want to steal camps in P1999, make sure you bring more members than the group holding the camp currently. This gives you a "stronger argument" and you will likely be able to /random for the camp. If you taunt the GM's about their decisions, like asking Hobby in ECTunnels if you can /random for the Efreeti camp, you will likely be suspended.

Get fucking raped, baddies.

-Ardipithecus Ramidus

korrowan 12-03-2010 03:38 PM

I Lol'd

Messianic 12-03-2010 03:38 PM

Hobby's a really good guy. Maybe he did lapse in judgment.

I wonder if it was worth the spectacle you're making of it.

Anyhow, posting in what will probably be another 10+ page thread if it's not deleted beforehand...

Seaweedpimp 12-03-2010 03:48 PM

IM FREEEE!!!

Jk incongnito ;)

Henini 12-03-2010 03:51 PM

inb4 forum ban!

Uthgaard 12-03-2010 03:51 PM

Cool story bro. Except for all the details you're leaving out.

There was never any decision rendered in the efreeti camp. You raged off and gave it up voluntarily. Just goes to show that some people place a higher value on a reason to cry than the camp they're crying about.

Perpetual victim.

Ihealyou 12-03-2010 03:53 PM

So you stole the camp of someone just because they're in the guild that took your efreeti camp, but otherwise had nothing to do with it. I know life isn't fair, and everyone is against you, but you're a douche. Two wrongs don't make a right. I would have banned you too.

Seaweedpimp 12-03-2010 04:01 PM

Im too scared to rage. Uth will fuck youre gaming days up!

Please dont ban me.

I love uthgard.

Hobby 12-03-2010 04:02 PM

Enjoy the suspension =)

Uberom 12-03-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uthgaard (Post 184800)
Cool story bro. Except for all the details you're leaving out.

There was never any decision rendered in the efreeti camp. You raged off and gave it up voluntarily. Just goes to show that some people place a higher value on a reason to cry than the camp they're crying about.

Perpetual victim.

Not to rain on your "cool story bro" post, it was pretty awesome, however incorrect... (puddi puddi)

The "decision rendered" was made by Hobby, that me and one of the members of VD should "roll on the camp". I believe I stated this in my story, maybe you didn't read it thoroughly. When this decision was made, I opted out and gated. By rolling I would therefore concede that VD has some valid argument or entitlement to the camp. I did not, will not, nor will ever admit or concede this point. Therefore, I told everyone to go fuck themselves, and gated.

You claim that I place a higher value on a reason to cry? Or is it that I place a higher value on the rules and principles that govern our server? I think the latter. But then again, as Trystych from IB once said in Ventrillo regarding server rules "Moot point. It doesn't matter".

If by crying you mean pointing out all the fallacies in the way my situation was handled and the breaking of server rules, then yes, I'm crying .....

but then again, there are people in life who take principle and truth seriously, me being one of them. So I made a point, and you all got fucking stunned by it, or else the most widely recognized GM in the game wouldn't be posting on my thread that "left details out".

My argument is infallible, I designed it like that, and I wouldn't bring up an argument that I have any chance of losing. The only problem I'm running into is people hate to admit they are wrong, human egos.

C'mon Uthgaard, I won this argument before it even started.

If I am suspended for camp stealing, then I immediately move for the 6 members of VD that stole my camp to also be suspended for equal time. This is only fair, is it not?

Or do I get "special treatment" because I refuse to let injustice and illogical decisions stand unhindered?

/Perpetual victim on