Duxa's All In One Installer Tool
If you are interested in nothing but DuxaUI, you can grab the standalone version HERE or HERE. For Duxa's All in One Installer read below.
CURRENT VERSION: v0.16
Note to previous version users - Simply download and run it like you did the first time, it will overwrite any of the old files with new changes.
This was written to work specifically with Project 1999. There are plethora of options and it should tackle most people's problems and issues.
No more copying and dragging and dropping files. To get going on Project 1999 you literally install EQ:Titanium, and run this installer, and a click later just use the shortcut on your desktop to play.
This works also on copies that are already configured for Project 1999 and on brand new untouched installs. Simply run the installer and pick what you would like to do.
* Installs EQemu for easy launching (as of Oct 2013 auto patching has been discontinued for P99).
* Choice of Original/Kunark login screen.
* Choice of any loading screen from the the original and all expansions.
* You can use this installer to set up a fresh install of EQ:Titanium for use with Project 1999
* Installs DuxaUI and Velious era UI (use /load duxaui and load /velious when in game).
* Changes the combat music to classic combat music (in mp3 format).
* Fixes multi-core CPU problems.
* Gives an option to delete everything un-needed after Velious. This cuts down the game by about 1.68GB.
* Fixes Male Human/Half-Elf helmet transparency bug.
* Fixes underwater sound cutting out after a few seconds bug.
* Allows you to choose Windowed/Fullscreen resolutions during the install (or at any time).
* Installs better quality classic sounds.
* Allows you to change Theme Music and Death Music to classic versions.
* Choose between Classic/Luclin/Titanium spell icons.
This is what the selection window looks like:
The UI features:
- Easy accessible bags/bag slots without the need to open the inventory
- Health/Mana/Endurance/XP bars all in one convenient location.
- Big healthpoint and mana readout for convenience.
- Easy readable and clickable spell gem buttons.
- A lot of custom UIs only show current weight ( I have no idea how you are supposed to know your maximum weight). So I added curr/total weight readouts to both inventory and player healthbar window.
- Level readout on player window. One thing that was a bummer, when I looked at my old screenshots I couldnt tell what level I was when they were taken.
* As a basis I used VertUI, since that is what I used when I played a decade ago. Huge thanks to Savok for porting the base VertUI to Proj 1999 which served as the basis for this UI.
This is what DuxaUI looks like. CLICK TO ZOOM
There is also a custom port of Velious UI in this installer. CLICK TO ZOOM
The inspiration behind this UI was me finding my old screenshots (from 2000-2004) and wanting that same informative UI back. CLICK TO ZOOM
DOWNLOAD V0.16 - from any of the following locations:
I AM ALWAYS OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS OF THINGS TO ADD TO THIS PROGRAM
Problem: My game is hitching even with the CPU fix, or things dont look right in general.
Solution: Turn of Aero mode in Windows 7 (to do this right click on desktop and go to Personalize. Pick any non-Aero theme)
Problem: Cant enter full screen mode. The game just gives a black screen.
Solution: Use ALT+ENTER to switch between full/windowed mode instead of in-game options.
Problem: When in full screen, clicking certain parts of the screen brings the game back to windowed mode or minimizes it.
Solution: Go to where EQ is installed and find "eqclient.ini" open it with notepad and find the line that says "WindowedMode=TRUE" and set it to "FALSE", also check to make sure that lines "Width=<number>" and "Height=<number" are set to your monitor's resolution.
Problem: No matter how many times I change the loading screen it always reverts back.
Solution: EQemu overwrites the loading screen jpg, so if you would like to keep a custom one, do one of the following:
1) Use EQemu just to patch whenever patches come out and rest of the time bypass it by using the bypass shortcut in Start -> Program Files -> EverQuest
2) Go to \EverQuest\Resources\ and make loadscreen.jpg read only, by right clicking on it and going to properties. With this setting EQemu will give you errors about inability to replace the file with the default one. But thats what we want, so just OK the error. It does not effect anything else at all.
Whole Project 1999 Team
v0.1 - Feb 26, 2011
- Initial Release
v0.2 - March 3, 2011
- Fixed a few general bugs
- Added Mana readout to the Player Window in DuxaUI
- Health readout now changes color based on condition (i.e. Green when HP buffed)
- Added the ability to fix Male Human/Half Elf helmet transparency bug
- Added the ability to fix the underwater sound cutting out bug
- Added the ability to choose resolutions and Windowed/Fullscreen during install
- Added the ability to change Theme/Death music to classic versions
- Added the ability to install higher quality classic sound effects
- Added the ability to fix the maps by removing content added after Velious
- Added the ability to choose betwen Classic/Luclin/Titanium spell icons
v0.3 - March 14, 2011
- Updated to support "The Ruins of Kunark" expansion.
v0.4 - March 27, 2011
- Updated to support the new spellfile released on March 27, 2011
- Added the ability to install just the new spellfiles without installing anything else.
v0.5 - April 1, 2011
- Updated to support the new spellfile (v7) released April 1, 2011
v0.5.1 - April 15, 2011
- Removed CPU fix from (0), because not everyone needs it. It is still available as a standalone option.
- Option (0) renamed to (1).
- Added a warning to option (1) and (6) that keybindings will be reset to defaults.
v0.6 - April 17, 2011
- Updated to support the new spellfile (v8) released April 17, 2011.
- Ported Velious UI with background textures, and added it to Option (2). Use /load velious when in game.
v0.7 - April 24, 2011
- Updated to support new spellfile (v9) released April 24, 2011
v0.8 - May 30, 2011
- Updated to support new spellfile (v10) released May 29, 2011.
- Few bug fixes related to installer execution.
v0.9 - July 24, 2011
- Updated to support new spellfile (v11) released July 24, 2011
v0.10 - skipped in order to get versions in sync with spellfile releases.
v0.11 - skipped in order to get versions in sync with spellfile releases.
v0.12 - August 13, 2011
- Updated to support new spellfile (v12) released August 13, 2011
- Added eqgame.dll and wsock32.dll to (1,13) as they are now required by the server and are provided with the new spellfile.
v0.13 - August 14, 2011
- Updated to support new spellfile (v13) released August 14, 2011
v0.14 - September 11, 2011
- Removed cartography fix option since Maps were turned off on the server.
- Replaced Update Spellfile option with Install EQemu Launcher option, since it will automatically keep th spell files up to date.
- Integrated spellfiles v14 into this build, but should no longer need to update them with EQemu launcher support.
- Option (5) is now legacy. Try using the EQemu launcher built in function to use 1 core first. If it doesnt work use this option.
- Removed non EQemu shortcut. If you want to bypass EQemu you can still use the Start Menu shortcut.
v0.15 - November 19, 2013
- Added an option to revert to the original login screen (Opt 3). Note: You must have changed the login screen with v0.15 or later.
- Updated integrated EQemu Launcher to 1.81.
- Added an option to revert to the original underwater and low quality sound effects (Opt 7). Note: Supports v15 or later.
- Updated the integrated spellfile to v30.
v0.16 - November 20, 2013
- EQemu patching no longer supports P99 (it can still be used to launch the game, and may support patching in the future.)
- DuxaUI changes: group window's Invite/Reject buttons are now larger. (Thank you Vega for bringing to my attention that people wanted this and saving me time to edit the UI)
- Minor cosmetic fixes in the installer.
Thank you very much. I'm going to install your UI this evening, it looks very good. And I'll tell my brothers about this, they're having problems with their dual core machines (I've already my good old single core so I'm fine with that).
Add the revamped sounds that were posted in this forum.
Add the small patch that gives transparency to human/half elf helmet eye slits. (may be posted in bugs forum)
Add the newer town/environment textures if you haven't.
I'll be getting a 6-core soon, will this also fix the issue or does this only apply to dual and quad cores?
This is sweet. I like the UI too, and I am picky about my UI
edit: confirmed, I'm just silly. When you do the graphics update you still have to redo the transparency patch, but one does not make the other stop working.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.