Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Bragging Rights: Post your nerd cred (/forums/showthread.php?t=34937)

toddfx 04-27-2011 02:39 PM

Bragging Rights: Post your nerd cred

So, you belong to a niche internet community dedicated to a 12 year old MMORPG. You not only dabble in the game that is known for its dangerous addiction and ultra geeky fan-base, but you participate in the forums and culture revolving around it. That said, you most likely consider yourself a computer nerd or gamer geek of some sort (if you don't: denial). And if you're anything like me, you're damn proud of it.

P99 probably isn't your first stop on the internet or your first adventure in tech culture. Hopefully you are proud of your lifetime of nerdy activities, and should be eager to show off your conquests and accomplishments.

Do you pride yourself in how sweet your computer is? Or maybe you've beat every NES game known to man. Do you own an authentic Storm Trooper costume, or have you built your own Tony Stark arc reactor? Maybe you've scored millions of YouTube hits, but its ok too you've just posted millions of Digg comments. Do you prefer Linux and religiously use open source software? Or maybe you jailbreak your Apple hardware to make it your bitch. Are you a famous internet artist, or are you a famous internet troll?

Whatever it is that defines you as a geek/nerd/hipster/connoisseur/fan-boy/ or something, hopefully you're eager to show it off. So I invite you to brag a little here and share what kind of nerd cred you've built up. Anything goes, i'd say.

P99: +1

Shannacore 04-27-2011 03:00 PM

When I was 8 I was in a tech magazine for Intel. I was holding a mouse by its cord in front of my face looking disgusted.

Pretty distinguished, if I do say so myself.

Also, I'm Tralina. That's where all my e-cred comes from.

Japan 04-27-2011 03:55 PM

I'm Duke Nukem.

Constellations 04-27-2011 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannacore (Post 277065)
When I was 8 I was in a tech magazine for Intel. I was holding a mouse by its cord in front of my face looking disgusted.

Pics or it didnt happen imo

Littlegyno 04-27-2011 07:08 PM

Quote:

http://versatile1.files.wordpress.co...9/pedobear.png

xshayla701 04-27-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddfx (Post 277042)
denial

deathgirl 04-27-2011 09:30 PM

Quote:

When I was 8 I was in a tech magazine for Intel.

When I was 8
http://versatile1.files.wordpress.co...9/pedobear.png

And that is why I'm a socially-evasive nerd. Feelsgr8man.

Attos 04-27-2011 09:42 PM

My house is littered with computers/parts. Had 500,000+ hits on the angelfire FF7 website I made with my friend when I was in elementary school. 100,000+ on the pokemon one I made (yes still in elementary school). Messed around with QBasic 3d code (Yeah, still elementary school)

Discovered girls in middle school and stopped programming so I could get laid... So that's the point where I stop being able to effectively nerd-brag.

baigorn 04-27-2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Attos (Post 277465)
My house is littered with computers/parts. Had 500,000+ hits on the angelfire FF7 website I made with my friend when I was in high school. 100,000+ on the pokemon one I made (yes still in high school). Messed around with QBasic 3d code (Yeah, still high school)

Discovered girls in college and stopped programming so I could get laid... So that's the point where I stop being able to effectively nerd-brag.

Fixed to be less of a lie. You know you had it coming! :p

Neno 04-28-2011 12:43 AM

Sean Astin autographed my extended edition LOTR boxes.