Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Green Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Dial a Port (/forums/showthread.php?t=385397)

Sassystew 05-25-2021 12:13 AM

Dial a Port

Just got lvl 29 on my Wiz I was wondering who to ask about dial a port?
Should I wait till a member is online?
Thanks

Ozudin20 05-25-2021 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassystew (Post 3312505)
Thanks

confusednickyoung.jpg

chevy79bu 05-25-2021 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassystew (Post 3312505)
Thanks

There are always members of dial a port online just sometimes few are showing because they go /a non when not porting. So my suggestion is either ask in /ooc for someone from dial a port to message you in say EC zone. Or just periodically do /who all dial until you see someone on the list. They have a website that you are supposed to register with and most guild members have the ability to invite you.

cadoipi 05-25-2021 01:50 PM

The guild website is https://dialaport.freeforums.net/

If you want to join Dial a Port, make an account, read/follow the instructions, and then contact a member of Dial in game.

ashentco 05-25-2021 08:36 PM

Just wanted to randomly reply to this thread and say thanks everyone in Dial A Port.

cd288 05-25-2021 10:37 PM

Apparently you have to apply or make an account on a website or something. Seems like a hassle for a guild where all you do is port. Why do you need to go through those steps not like it’s a raiding guild

Midoo 05-27-2021 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd288 (Post 3313197)
Apparently you have to apply or make an account on a website or something. Seems like a hassle for a guild where all you do is port. Why do you need to go through those steps not like it’s a raiding guild

It's reasonable they would want to track everyone in case someone does some stupid shit that will tarnish the guild's name

cadoipi 05-27-2021 08:45 PM

Please pay people in DaP well! From my experience in DaP, too many high level players tip 10-30pp instead of the standard minimum baseline of pp/lvl. This is why all too often a /who all dial only returns Dialor and members of <Dial a Daniel>.

Baler 05-27-2021 08:52 PM

Dial a Port is a household name on P99. I gave them hate early on and mid way through.

But they're actually good for the server health. They provide a community service, For the community.

The bad eggs weed themselves out.

Indecisive 05-27-2021 09:29 PM

I was a DaP porter many times on Blue, and I never had to make an account to join ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

It used to be, they'd make everyone an officer so they could efficiently invite porters and not have to wait around. You'd get a basic rundown of how the guild worked (mention DaP in your port message, can't demand platinum, go /anon if not porting, etc.) and then you'd get an invite. Maybe it's different on Green, but the system they had on Blue worked fine, so I don't see the need for extra steps - especially since porting isn't nearly as profitable on Green as it was on Blue, and it's harder to find ports.

Just contact someone in the guild, OP.