Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What's so bad about going Anon? (/forums/showthread.php?t=3931)

Ronnie555 03-06-2010 06:56 PM

What's so bad about going Anon?

what's the big deal? i've gone anon a few times for various reasons and have pretty much instantly been called out for it..

who cares? I'm not doing it cause I think I'm cooler than everyone or something... seriously why do people care.

is it considered snobby?

Lanor 03-06-2010 07:09 PM

It's about as big of a deal as inspecting people without asking them, and having them get angry about it.

AKA it shouldn't matter at all and people who get worked up over it are ridiculous.

siinge 03-06-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnie555 (Post 26992)
what's the big deal? i've gone anon a few times for various reasons and have pretty much instantly been called out for it..

who cares? I'm not doing it cause I think I'm cooler than everyone or something... seriously why do people care.

is it considered snobby?

its a pain if someone is going to camp.farm.xp and everyones annon.. the other night i was like oh man i cant wait to get to lguk /who all gukbottom oh wow zones empty i wonder whats up... i run 5 zones over get there, 23 people in zone, call a CC everythings camped

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

its not a pvp server no need to hide

President 03-06-2010 09:46 PM

Anon and Role are the worst things to have ever happened to EQ (cept Luclin models).

Crone 03-06-2010 09:50 PM

I think it got a bad rap because anon/rp people were often labeled as warpers, using MQ.

Also, many guild attendance tools for raids require you to be /rp or nothing at all to work effectively.

utenan 03-06-2010 09:55 PM

its pretty annoying sometimes, I can understand why clerics and druids would do it, but it seems like 75% of the damned server is anon, a lot of times I wanna know waht class or race someone is, and I can't, i really don't understand why anyone would want to be anon in such as player oriented game....

Lanor 03-06-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by President (Post 27023)
Anon and Role are the best things to have ever happened to EQ (except Luclin, PoP, and OoW).

I agree totally.

Uaellaen 03-06-2010 10:35 PM

im /role all the time, to reduce the rez tells to ~100 a day ... sooo sue me!

utenan 03-06-2010 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uaellaen (Post 27041)
im /role all the time, to reduze the rez tells to ~100 a day ... sooo sue me!

Thats understandable, but why a shadowknight would go anon is beyond me...

Tsuken 03-06-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siinge (Post 27020)
the other night i was like oh man i cant wait to get to lguk /who all gukbottom oh wow zones empty i wonder whats up... i run 5 zones over get there, 23 people in zone

This is one big reason for me to not like anon.

Also, as a druid I port new group members to the fight, but sometimes i want to run toward the person to speed it up. However, if that person in anon I can't tell exactly where he is without having to ask him all the time.