Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Rants and Flames (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Is everybody insane? (/forums/showthread.php?t=40198)

ryandward 06-17-2011 12:41 PM

Is everybody insane?

This is the first time I have been in this forum, and most of the posts seem likes someone chucked a dictionary into a wood chipper and random words just floated on a page. I mean really... Most of the things I have seen here are just incomprehensible garbage, ... why?

YendorLootmonkey 06-17-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryandward (Post 314818)
This is the first time I have been in this forum, and most of the posts seem likes someone chucked a dictionary into a wood chipper and random words just floated on a page. I mean really... Most of the things I have seen here are just incomprehensible garbage, ... why?

Welcome to the internet.

Loly Taa 06-17-2011 12:49 PM

Welcome to the internet. You didn't think it was all Bing and CNN.com did you?

guineapig 06-17-2011 12:50 PM

I only read the title and the answer is: yes

I know, it's sad.

Stormhowl 06-17-2011 12:52 PM

I feel your pain. I majored in English and am working on my Education degree. It hurts to read some of the crap people type, probably more so knowing that's going to be my future in a few years. >.>

It's the Internet. People don't care about being articulate. They see proper English as a sign that you're a pompous ass and they are willing to troll you or disregard your opinions because you "act like you're better than them". Speaking from personal experience, obviously.

Japan 06-17-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormhowl (Post 314832)
I majored in English

hahahahahahaha

Bruman 06-17-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormhowl (Post 314832)
I feel your pain. I majored in English and am working on my Education degree. It hurts to read some of the crap people type, probably more so knowing that's going to be my future in a few years. >.>

It's the Internet. People don't care about being articulate. They see proper English as a sign that you're a pompous ass and they are willing to troll you or disregard your opinions because you "act like you're better than them". Speaking from personal experience, obviously.

It's a sign of the emerging culture being one that has no interest in bettering themselves. Any criticism they see as an attack, due to being raised without having any discipline in their lives. The end result is people never leave the mental state of childhood, even when they are technically adults. Battleship Troopers (the book obviously, not the movie) called it.

We're pretty fucked.

Phallax 06-17-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryandward (Post 314818)

Its RnF wtf do you expect? Intelligent discussions?

Stormhowl 06-17-2011 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Japan (Post 314833)
hahahahahahaha

Oh please, like I haven't seen that several dozen times before. Try harder. Even 4chan would've banned you for such a failure of an attempt at trolling.

Stormhowl 06-17-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruman (Post 314841)
It's a sign of the emerging culture being one that has no interest in bettering themselves. Any criticism they see as an attack, due to being raised without having any discipline in their lives. The end result is people never leave the mental state of childhood, even when they are technically adults. Battleship Troopers (the book obviously, not the movie) called it.

We're pretty fucked.

It doesn't help when school divisions bend over backwards to avoid lawsuits because Little Billy is special ('cause Mommy says so!) and you cannot fail him! The teachers are clearly picking on him! And stop marking with red pen, it's damaging to children's egos! etc...

A huge problem is the parents instilling this idea on their children that they're special while at the same time neglecting to raise them properly and leaving that job for the TV and/or video games. Parents don't care like they used to.