Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Guild Discussion (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   guildmeeting is ON THE MENU (/forums/showthread.php?t=5574)

karsten 04-08-2010 07:13 PM

guildmeeting sunday 4pm cst

PM me for vent infos we'll be in Transcendence Vent at 4pm CST sunday

tsonka 04-08-2010 07:16 PM

Well guild meeting is on provided all guilds who were supposed to attend are represensted

tsonka 04-08-2010 08:33 PM

Ok, meeting Sunday 4pm CST in Trans vent.

IB, Trans, Divinity, GC, In Virtue, Fish bait and Remedy

Meeting will be for Guild leader +1 from each guild

tsonka 04-09-2010 10:39 AM

Guild Leaders please reply to this thread that Sunday will work

I already know that Trans, IB, Divinity, Remedy and In Virtue are good.

Need to hear from Fish Bait and GC

Jify 04-09-2010 11:22 AM

Any hope there will be a channel set up for us lowly members to listen? I'm curious. :(

Audacious93c 04-09-2010 11:39 AM

Not intentionally trolling, but without Rogean there; how will the other guilds know what is enforceable and what isnt? Is Rogean just going to have to take our word that we worked it out? Then what happens when this cluster ... doesnt go as expected? Do we tell Rogean "Even though such and such said they were going to do this, they are still skipping us/training us/ whatever." Who is to say when two guilds are having a dispute, that Rogean wont believe one guild over the other when said guild says that "this is how it was worked out." Granted, we'd all like to hope and believe that Rogean wouldnt believe "All the guilds on the server thought it was a prime idea to allow said guild to kill every raid target available." But you never know... This meeting isnt going to magically make everything work smoothly. There is an awful amount of distaste between certain guilds right now. There will be disputes after this meeting, you can bank on it.

Just find that this is pointless, especially if IB's primary opposing guild leader and Rogean isnt even going to show up. A different guild leader; Uuaellaen (remedy leader) said he wouldnt attend without Rogean there as well, and I dont blame him.

karsten 04-09-2010 02:02 PM

that's easily taken care of though -- the primary goal of meeting will be to tweak the current system such that there is less grey area. Clearly even afterwards people will still cut hairs on the system, which is to be expected, but the hope is that after meeting, it'll be less so.

secondly, anything that's agreed on will basically have to be done through full consensus. any agreements that we come to we'll pass on to the staff, and if it seems to make sense to them, then they'll approve.

Although, even if they weren't involved at all, i don't see a player-enforced raiding system being a bad thing for up and coming guilds in the future. the current up and coming guilds are looking for agreements that are in their best interest as well, so the decisions will also last for posterity. and they're certainly tweakable in the future as well.

So, i do see what you're saying audacious, and hopefully some of these thoughts address your observations. Also, who do you mean by IB's primary-opposition guildleader?

Zordana 04-09-2010 03:45 PM

i dont see a success in this talk without a GM aswell

Shmeeggeggy 04-09-2010 03:48 PM

I need to make a guild to get me some of this action! Pocket Raiders will live!

karsten 04-09-2010 03:52 PM

wieso aber denn? die haben uns immer wieder gefragt, ob wir uns selber nicht steuern koennten -- wir haben jetzt die macht dazu, und solange die nacher wissen, wie wir uns entschieden haben und damit einverstanden sind, sehe ich da ja keine probleme