View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is just not true, but is proof if something is repeated enough everyone eventually thinks it's true. Verant was started by Smed and Brad, and sold to SOE later (during Velious I believe). I'm not sure SOE even existed as SOE at the time Verant was formed. It was called something else first. Sony money was involved I think, but creative control was entirely with Brad et al until the handover (and decline) years later. There are more than a few interviews by Brad and Smed on this if anyone wants to Google, and I linked one on another thread not so long ago.

SOE have the inverse of the golden touch, whatever you call that. They just cannot make good games, and everything they touch turns a brutal shade of mediocre.
This! Verant (not Verrant, as my prior posts) wrote EQ through PoP. I do, however, believe SoE was around prior to the EQ adoption during the Velious era. I have absolutely NO evidence to back that up, however.