View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by runlvlzero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't blame the zerg for the 1-50 game. Which is what turns most people away on this server. EMU player mentality everyone has a druid on their account and trades plvls for all other characters. Thats what wrecks the server.

I am currently leveling a druid. I repeatedly say to my groups... Don't know if I have what it takes to play the classes I want to play solo on the box.

Attempting to make friends that I can coerce into playing with me on my schedule. EQ is a really bad solo game. Yet thats what the fast EXP and multiple accounts and characters per account leads too. If there was a way to force people to play only one character, and there was no work arounds. We'd see a different level spread. People would have to earn 60, not be friends with a douchebag or roll a mage and farm seafuries for plvl.

Also I would like to add because of the top heavy popluation both zerg and non-zerg we are quickly getting to the point where new players see everyone who is a melee 1-40 with a fungi and go wtf... Though fungi wielding melees are not to blame they usually group and shit helpin the new players. But it is a demoralizing factor of joining an old box.

Population plain and simple. A lot of new commers would like beta to end so they could play on a box with non-broken resists and vanilla legacy content.

**** anyway ignoring that big wall of text the simple direct:

The way people earn 60 is through metagame and thats all they want is 60, their missing out on 1-60 and the struggle to gear up a new toon. I consider that less fun and less of an acheivement then rolling an "easy character" and twinking. Part of that is zerg mentality, and part of it is everyone trying to catch up to them. But its not the Zergs fault, were all OOR to the zerg before level 52.

So roll some fresh toons folks if your mad about it.
Every single problem anyone mentions could be solved with a wipe. Instant 300+ pop, groups, lots of PVP.

The only people who don't want it are Nihilum fully geared, raid schedule intact and undisturbed.

I have heard all of your arguments and they have no merit. Wipe is the only way.