View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumyums Inmahtumtums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Excellent guide! A couple of factual edits to consider putting into it:

- Strafe running doesn't actually increase speed. What it does is exploits a hit-box. mechanic where you are essentially putting yourself just out of range by virtue of the mob having to run in a diagonal line (the way I've understood it anyways).

Addressed.

- Mem blur/mez with blur will have the enemy regen at 5%/tick not 4. Another helpful tip to consider is if someone does choose to us root+blur vs. Mezz, the enemy will stare off into yonder instead of facing the nearest target on its agro list.

% was from memory, I'll have to log-on and test it before I change it. Fairly minor anyway, as long as its healing ya know it worked.

- If I do multiple charm kills back to back I rarely use my next pet to kill my previous enemy, if when blurred. The only time I do is when I know I've done over 50% to their remaining HP and I know my pet won't take the XP.

I would prefer to finish both at the same time and get back to full mana at this level range. And sometimes I'd choose an extra difficult enemy to grind through a couple of my pets if I'm feeling bold. That way I'm charming the easy to charm mobs and chaining pets at him to wear down a big exp prize. Sometimes I'll even take down the high mob using a combination of fear and holding agro with tash if I have a lot of room and agro isn't an issue.

And yeah, if I pet an enemy to 20%, then after blur the nuke only takes it to 5% I'll just let the charm finish it since I did over half of the damage after blur.

As I said before though, great guide!