View Single Post
Old 03-24-2014, 04:25 AM
Sarnak

According to information found here: http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1960, cleric velious BPs should have an effect of Celestial Elixir with a 6 second cast time. The discussion there relates to the patch on December 19th, which increases this cast time to 20 seconds, and also implements the initial nerf of the Donal's BP from 20 to ~30 seconds:

Quote:
December 19th, 3:00am
------------------------------

*Patch Day*

- High-end items that have a activatable (right-click) healing effect have in several cases had their casting times increased.

Quote:
What has changed so dramatically to demand this nerf? I suspect it wasn't anything related to gameplay but rather due to the PoG BP. The PoG BP casts the OTHER CH spell, Celestial Healing. The spell takes 4 secs to cast so the 6 secs for the BP was clearly unbalanced. Rather than up this to somewhere decent (like 16 secs) they put it at 20 secs. I can see the dev team going "Hmm, the Donal's BP casts CH fort he same time. We can't leave that as is because nobody would have a reason to get this one so let's up that one to 30 secs"
This guy also refers to "Celestial Healing" instead of "Celestial Elixir", but i think this must be a mistake. The best evidence for this is the excerpt from the patch notes from March 6, 2001, quoted by Elethia above, which refers to a "300pt per tick regen", whereas "Celestial Healing" is only 180 per tick.