View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP raiding was great, however I think the mechanics of Omens of War where the best IMO.

MPG trials, making a whole group of people ducking at the same time etc in the "simon says" trial is something you just dont see in these easy day modern MMO's
the simon says trial could be totally cheese'd by fighting on the walls in the arena area, and most guilds did it this way

Im curious what your resume is when it comes to "easy day mmo's"

I think EQ is easily one of the best games ever made but I would not say that is because of it's raid structure. Dont get me wrong, EQ raids were tons of fun and the game easily has the best itemization I've ever experienced, but EQ raids have always been able to be carried to success by a small amount of good players. In this way I would rate EQ raids as not really all that involved and rather easy. Most classes in an EQ raid just stand in one spot and click a button every couple of seconds, this is true even in later expansions like Omens of War.

I don't have any WoW experience, but I have a considerable amount of Swtor experience (which is pretty much WoW with lightsabers). I believe most people make there judgements of modern day mmo end games prematurely due to the fact that most of the people will play through the easiest version of a raid, which WoW and Swtor offer to appease the masses of players that just are not very good, and never experience the hard or nightmare versions of these raids.

I dont know how WoW does it but Swtor has 3 difficulty version of each of there raids, and not even 5% of the subscription population is capable of completing the hardest versions. EQ was never anywhere near that kind of difficulty.