View Single Post
Old 04-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speaker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was one of the first vanguard Alpha testers. Early on Vanguard was a challenge to play because of the high end computer requirements. Microsoft dropping the game was a game changer, forcing Vanguard to sell to SONY. The game still needed a year of debugging before it should have launched. Many of the bug problems were due to the dumb down changes made in the last 8-9 months before game launch, SOE considered the game too hard core. At launch the average player did not have a computer up to the task of playing.

Today Vanguard is one of the best games on the market today. Unfortunately SOE has never made any effort to market the game and now the game will close in July. That is the reason I am here, in search of a old school hard core game.

I am not sure about Brad's drug use, Brad is a creative person, not a business centric person, he did make some bad choices. He will do fine with any future game as long as he is on the creative side of development... you guys are here, largely a game of his creation.
Who were you? I played with the devs, Brad, Oloh, etc in alpha, beta, etc. I also ran the Silky Venom site [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]