View Single Post
Old 06-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im not a dev, so this is not by any means set in stone.

however i will say, every dev is busy as fuck right now with velious and fixing things that are broke that are already on the server.

i would absolutely not hold my breath waiting for non classic dev changes to the raid scene.

evenm if it was randomized spawn spots, you guys realize that guilds like BDA/IB/TMO/Taken and anyone with a very large playerbase will still find and roflstomp those merbs before guilds with half the member count can do the same. if anything, not knowing where the spawn would be will hurt the smaller guilds imo.

i'm not saying im right, or my word is law, just sharing my opinions
I think that the major point on the randomization (which probably can't happen anyway) is that when it's a Class C or FFA mob, the spirit of competition is heightened, yet somewhat equalized, by the randomization. Smaller guilds have absolutely zero chance in a known spawn point engage race vs. bigger guilds (as you state) - but randomization would add some intrigue to it.

...until zones start to have 30 trackers from a dozen guilds walking from ZL to ZL doing a police call, picking up trash and cigarette butts until they stumble upon a dragon on accident.