View Single Post
Old 08-07-2014, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

global_chr.s3d. I made a lit of all races/id numbers and the files they're pulled from. Posted it to the EQEmu boards hehe.

Afaik (just layman's understanding) it just seems to check .eqg versus /s3d then after that may check file age? Seems to try to pull the newest available file/model that matches and uses whatever data may be within. animation/graphics etc. Doesn't seem to have any prior knowledge to what it's pulling so long as they match the expected number and it is capable of rendering it. Example: The race 30 ("Ghost") was in since classic days. But was never given a model/file and never used in game. Call of the Forsaken comes out not even a year ago and they finally give it a file/model. That file, if dragged to a client much older than CoTF (Underfoot, even Titanium) and added to globalload or a zone allows the race to load up perfectly fine.

So i don't think it should matter what animations etc are used, it just looks for the file that matches (my best guess, newest file but that's just a guess, i have no freaking clue lol) and pulls it and all data inside.