View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 02:12 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

^I'm only one of the four staff members that you'd need to convince in order to enact a big change like this. Keep in mind that any large change is going to be met with resistance from all of us, just because of the necessary adjustments needed for that to take place (code changes to website, database, and codebase, general re-acclamation/explanation). That being said, I base my predictions off what I know about my colleagues and my experiences with them. They generally don't take time to come here and give advice or explanations, so I try to give you guys an idea of where they fall on various topics. I could be wildly inaccurate in my predictions, but I very much doubt it. Especially this close to Velious, where most of this is no longer going to matter, putting work into a major overhaul seems fruitless.

I understand the trepidation in moving to Class C, and that it isn't all stemming from not wanting to put an inordinate amount of time/effort into getting mobs. It's a legitimate concern that the hyper-competitive Class C runs into problems more frequently than R. But Class C's two guilds have done a remarkable job in both reducing the number of possible disputes, as well as solving the ones that do arise in a civil manner. Both TMO and IB have put significant effort into ending what they themselves refer to as "petition/frapsquest", something both guilds hate participating in and have recently gone to great lengths to reduce. The reality of open-world competitive raiding like we find in EQ is that mistakes are going to be made. Any guild that isn't willing to accept any risk at all in their engagements isn't going to be able to move to Class C.

Edit: Would still love to bring a few guilds from Class-R onto GMChat. Haven't had a ton of time to do episodes recently (you'll notice I only made it through 2 in the month in a half since we've spoken) and when I do, it's usually a last minute thing thrown together the day before.
Last edited by Derubael; 10-24-2014 at 02:17 PM..