View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 01:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know you COULD

But the classic experience was never everyone boxing in every dungeon

Most people were single boxed... hence why I'm against item recharging also because it defeats the classic experience... everyone wasn't recharging midnight mallets and wc gate caps at a guild mandatory item level (see blue) :P
People actually had to pay to play 2 accounts in classic I think that kept it down. Plus the PC horsepower back in the day (and the cost of PCs in general) made it more difficult. I think the biggest thing was it really wasn't needed when you had 2000+ pop servers. You could always find ports, groups, etc.

It's a double edged sword here...lower population makes boxing more useful. But people are more efficient now and with 2 years in Kunark the gear saturation is pretty crazy, allowing people to 2 box any non raid camps. So you'd take a big risk that a new player would find it even more difficult to find groups.

I think boxing would help the veteran players enjoy the game more, but probably hurt the experience of newer players to the server.