View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 09:35 PM
Aviak

Default UI: Tiny Chat Log Crash: Custom chat log with <1 line crashes upon first output??

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriamjh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This same issue attacked me earlier today. I suspect it was caused by spawning a new chat log, redirecting OOC to it, shrinking it to <1 line, and waiting for someone to OOC. It also may only be triggered after restarting, such as when the chat log is output to while <1 line and containing 0 lines.

My client even 100% CPUd the first time I re-sized this window to <1 line and tossed other, prior UI changes. After 5 nearly immediate freezes this morning I re-size the window and am mysteriously crash free.

This is with the standard install plus the three zip packs (2 + old UI) and really nothing else changed but the extra chat log and hot keys.
Hopefully this is a bug with the UI mod that can be resolved. I'd personally assume it to be a bug with the client, especially considering we are all using a retail-disc version.